61 - Someone Else's

I stared morosely down at the empty plate in front of me as Dumbledore spoke about the dangerous times we were currently living in.

I had not been able to face putting any food on my plate. I was terrified I would just throw it up in front of everyone.

My eyes cast upwards towards the Slytherin table. They couldn't help but seek out Draco, who was looking just as depressed as I felt.

Watching him from this distance, I could see that he looked drawn and his pale skin had a grey tinge to it. He did not look like someone who had just been celebrating their engagement.

I wondered what had happened over the summer to make him be this way. To make him agree to marry Pansy.

Silver grey eyes suddenly pierced mine, making the breath hitch in the back of my throat. The air seemed to still around me, and all I could see was him. I didn't look away. And neither did he.

Until Pansy leaned in to mutter something in his ear, pulling his attention away - although seemingly reluctantly.

My heart racing in my chest, I looked away, not being able to stand to see them together.

I was one of the first out of my seat once Dumbledore dismissed us. I just wanted to get to my dorm and be near a bathroom. Why it was called morning sickness, I had no idea.

I pushed past students, racing out of the hall as fast as I could. I was terrified I was going to start heaving in front of everyone.

I was halfway up the marble staircase when a familiar, longed for voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Aurora!"

I turned around and there he was, breathless and staring up at me with those silver grey eyes.

I wanted to hear what he had to say, I really did. But I was about to throw up and I needed a toilet.

"I can't-" I gasped, as I turned and continued up the stairs.

He didn't follow.

******

It was clear to him that she didn't want to know. Didn't want to hear him out.

Still, he couldn't blame her.

It horrified him how ill she was looking. And he was furious to see she hadn't eaten a damned thing during the welcome feast.

His heart tore up just looking at her. How was he meant to survive the rest of his school days like this? Still, he thought bitterly, at least he had that damned task to keep him busy.

He was going to use that room, the one where he and Aurora had conjured up a private space for themselves.

How he missed being with her, missed losing himself in her body.

Luckily for him, Voldemort didn't believe in sex before marriage and had forbade him to consummate his engagement with Pansy until after the vows.

So at least he didn't have to bat away her sexual advances until then. Even though he was engaged to her, it would still feel like cheating on Aurora. And that was the last thing he wanted to do.

He miserably made his way up to the seventh floor. He may as well get started on the task straight away.

It was going to be a long fucking year.

*****

Guessing we must have picked pretty much the same subjects to continue onto sixth year with, I seemed to be sharing most of my classes with Draco this year.