43 - For Cedric

Draco trailed his fingertips down the length of her spine making her body shiver against him.

"That tickles," she giggled, her lips moving against his neck as she spoke.

"It has the desired effect then," he smirked, as his own body instantly reacted to her movements.

She lifted her face to look up at him, his heart stilling at the sheer love in her eyes.

"Let's never leave this room," she murmured softly, bringing her hand up to place against his cheek.

He closed his eyes, sighing blissfully at her touch. "Don't tempt me. I'd stay here forever with you, if I could."

He felt her lips brush against his, which he hastened to respond to, biting her lower lip gently, forcing her to part them so that he could deepen the kiss.

After a few moments, she broke away, sighing heavily. "We should probably get back to our dorms." She said regretfully.

"You just said let's never leave." He chuckled, resting his forehead against her as his arms tightened around her. He suddenly couldn't bear the thought of letting her go.

"I don't want to, but we can't risk getting caught using this room. Otherwise we may not have anywhere to go in the future."

"So you see us doing this more often, then?" He asked hopefully, raising his eyebrows.

Her cheeks flushed red and the two dimples that he loved so much appeared on either side of her face. "Maybe, yes... if you want to?"

He couldn't help but chuckle, cupping her face in both his hands and planting quick furious kisses across her brow. "Of course I want to - I want to very much."

He caught her lips in his and kissed her hard, rolling her onto her back so that he was lying on top of her, pinning her down onto the mattress. He wanted her again. Now.

And this time there was none of the awkward fumbling about, just pure pleasure as they became one again.

Draco never thought it was possible to feel this way before; never in his wildest dreams thought a girl like Aurora would want him back.

Everything was good, and Draco wanted it to stay like this forever.

But sadly, things have a habit of changing.

*****

"I've got another study session tonight," I apologised, as Draco suggested meeting in the Room of Requirement later on.

I could see him try to hide the disappointment on his face, but his eyes gave him away.

Quickly making sure Umbridge wasn't looking over, I surreptitiously slipped my hand in his under the desk and gave it a squeeze. He instantly squeezed back, a small smile tugging at his lips. We spent the remainder of the class sat like that, pretending to read the chapter in front of us but really just thinking about the next time we could get naked together.

This was evident when Draco pulled me into a small alcove the second we stepped out of the classroom, practically ramming his tongue down my throat as he shoved me hard up against the cold stone wall.

"Draco!" I gasped, as we breathlessly broke apart.

"I'm sorry," he panted, his chest rising and falling heavily, "I just can't stop thinking about kissing you and touching you and..." he tailed off, his eyes glinting wickedly.

"I'm guessing that last 'and' isn't studying." I laughed, brushing my lips against his.

"Damn right it isn't," he growled, pressing himself vigorously against me so that I could feel exactly what he meant.

A sudden gush of desire pooled in my stomach, as my body screamed out for him. The yearning was instant and intense. I felt that if I didn't have him now, I would surely just crumble and die.

"Prefects' bathroom," I breathed, my voice hoarse with longing.

I'd never seen Draco move so fast. He was practically running as he dragged me to the fifth floor.

We didn't even get properly undressed, removing only the essential clothing in the way as Draco pushed me up against the wall the moment we entered the bathroom.

Not even five minutes later, we were both breathlessly trying to rearrange our disheveled uniforms.

"Shit," Draco muttered as he tried to tame his hair. "We're going to be late, and I've got fucking Potions now."

"Like Snape would ever tell you off," I scoffed, flattening down my skirt. "I've Transfiguration with McGonagall. I'm the one in trou-"

He cut me off by grabbing my arm and pulling me to him for a kiss.

"It was worth it though," he murmured. "It always is with you."

I felt so happy, that I didn't even mind when McGonagall knocked off five house points for my tardiness.

"Well, you've certainly got a glow about you since you've been riding the Slytherin Prince." Cho said as we made our way to Harry's latest DA meeting.

"Does Blaise know you call Draco that?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Oh, I've got another nickname for Blaise, and it is very complimentary, if you catch my drift."

She smiled coyly at me as we stepped into the Room of Requirement.

Today we started on Patronuses. It was hard work. I could just about get a flicker of something unidentifiable by the end of the session.

"Right," Harry announced to the class, wrapping up. "Only a week left until we break for Christmas so we'll be meeting every evening between now and then to make up for the time we lose."

I looked up in horror. Every night?

"There will be no exceptions," he added, looking pointedly at me. "I expect all of you to be able to produce fully corporeal Patronuses by the time we break. Those who don't are out."

How the hell was I supposed to explain this to Draco?

"Harry," I said, lingering behind after everyone had trudged out. "Be realistic, every night? And what's all this about chucking us out if we can't produce a Patronus?"

Harry looked at me, an exasperated expression crossing his features.

"Aurora, this is serious shit. Being able to cast a Patronus could be the difference between life and death. I will not tolerate time wasters in my class!"

My mouth gaped open. I couldn't believe how much of a Professor he sounded. Shaking my head, I went to wheel round on my foot to head for the door, when I felt a hand on my arm.

"Aurora, I'm sorry." Harry spoke, his voice now gentler, kinder. "I just don't want us to end up in the same situation as Cedric."

I closed my eyes as I felt that familiar squeeze of my heart.

"Do you think he would have survived, if he knew how to defend himself better?" I asked quietly.

"I- I don't know," Harry sighed resignedly, "but I'd like to think all of this might save one of you, one day. Especially you, Aurora."

I blinked up at him. He was looking down at me sadly and I knew he was remembering Cedric's final request.

"I was watching you tonight, Aurora." He continued, his hand still on my arm. "You have potential. If you want, I can teach you how to cast a Patronus one on one? After each class, I'll stay on to give you extra lessons."

"I don't know, Harry. It doesn't seem fair on the others."

"I promised Cedric, Aurora. I promised your brother I'd look after you."

We both turned to look at the wall of smiling Cedric's. I felt my heart tear sadly to see my brother so happy, so much love and potential all taken away from him because someone had decided he should die.

"Okay, then." I swallowed. "For Cedric."

Harry nodded, his face solemn and emphatic.

"For Cedric."