90 - Arrival

Draco waited in the Carrow's office for the arrivals.

It was his job to escort them to their houses once they had been questioned.

'Questioned' meaning tortured for fun until the Carrow's got bored.

They preferred them young Amycus had explained much to Draco's disgust. ("Scream louder the younger they are. Not afraid to show their fear.")

And so Draco was relieved to hear that there was only one new arrival that day and she was in seventh year.

He was just wondering if he would know her, when the door swung open, and Travers entered.

"Ah, good to see you in proper Death Eater attire at last." Travers said nodding towards him, as he clasped a rope that was tied to the prisoner behind him. "Was starting to think we were going to have to cut you out of that suit."

Draco grunted, loathing the fact that he was forced to wear these heavy black robes with the stupid mask. It was essential, he had been told, to help instill fear into the arrivals so that they don't attempt to go on the run again.

Travers yanked the prisoner inside the room and Draco had to stop himself from gasping out in horror.

It was Aurora. His wife. The mother of his child.

Why the fuck wasn't she with Potter?

Draco immediately leapt to his feet.

"Thought this one would interest you," Travers smirked.

Aurora looked up at him, confusion in her eyes which quickly turned to something else when she recognised him through the mask.

"What do you mean?" Amycus spat, looking suspiciously from Draco to Travers to Aurora.

"Nothing," Travers said, giving Draco a sly wink through his mask. And Draco felt oddly grateful for his indiscretion. "I just know young Malfoy here likes the brunettes."

He thrust Aurora forwards and Draco had to stop himself from taking her in his arms. He knew it wouldn't be wise to display his love her her in front of the Carrow's.

Travers left, slamming the door shut behind him.

"Name?" Amycus barked, getting out his quill and parchment.

"Aurora Diggory."

Amycus paused in his scratching of the quill looking up with sudden interest.

"Diggory? Where've I heard that name before?"

"My brother was killed on your master's orders. As supposedly was my mother," she spat, her eyes glaring boldly down at him.

Draco was taken aback at her anger. This wasn't like Aurora. There was a hard coldness about her that he had never seen before.

"I'll take her from here," Draco said sharply, desperate to get Aurora out of there and find out what happened with Potter.

"Hold your unicorns, Malfoy," Amycus growled. "I haven't finished the interview yet."

Draco felt frustration curdle in his veins.

"And so you were captured at the Lovegoods abode after being seen consorting with Harry Potter." Amycus continued, staring accusingly up at Aurora.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I was simply having tea with a neighbour. I was unaware Harry Potter was anywhere near the place." She spoke without flinching once, Draco couldn't help but admire.

"Well perhaps this might jog your memory." And to Draco's horror, Amycus lifted his wand and flicked it at Aurora who instantly fell to the floor writhing, but he noticed she held in her screams; instead emitting a series of grunts as she foamed at the mouth.

Panic tore at Draco - he was desperate to hex Amycus and get Aurora away, but he knew that could be more dangerous for Aurora in the long run. And he also knew she could endure the torture - she had done so at Malfoy Manor after all.

But to witness this... it was utterly crushing him.

"Now, child," Amycus said pleasantly, as if there hadn't been a torture break in their conversation, "tell me what you were doing with Harry Potter."

"I wasn't with Harry Potter," Aurora panted from the ground, a fierce determination to her voice. "I had just popped by for a cup of tea with a neighbour."

Amycus gave a loud, heavy sigh, as if he was bored by all of this.

"Very well. Malfoy, you may escort her to her house quarters. I'll see you tomorrow morning nine am sharp for the first years torture lesson. I've got some great ideas up my sleeve."

Relief washing over him, Draco swooped down to the ground, his hands expertly scooping Aurora up from under her arms as he helped her to her feet.

He walked her out, saying nothing until they were safely halfway down the corridor.

"Don't say anything until I get you somewhere safe," he hissed in her ear, clasping her close to his side.

She seemed not able to look at him, but just nodded brusquely, her eyes staring straight ahead.

He had no intention of taking her to the Ravenclaw Tower, instead leading her down to the dungeons where his room lay.

He was Head Boy, and thankfully had his own room. It was just a shame he was expected to share it with Pansy in just a little over a month.

The second he pulled her inside, he threw his hood down and ripped his mask off, panting heavily as he looked down at his emaciated looking wife.

"Aurora," he breathed, pulling her into his embrace, relishing the feel of her and deeply inhaling her scent, "my god, what happened to you?"

To his surprise she pushed him away, her dark eyes staring angrily up at him as she took a step back.

"Why are you here?!" She cried. "I thought you were with Nova! I thought she had you!"

"Nova's fine!" He quickly reassured her, panic constricting his throat. He wasn't used to seeing her like this. She was cold; angry; pissed off. "She's with my mother. I promise you she's safe."

He looked desperately into her face which seemed to flit from emotion to emotion. She staggered backwards seemingly not knowing what else to say as she clutched her stomach and doubled over.

"Aurora?" He asked, confused as to what he was witnessing.

She started convulsing; her body shuddering as she emitted trembling gasping breaths.

"I miss her so much," she sobbed, "I can't- I can't-"

He leapt forward, wrapping his arms around her, desperate to take away her pain.

"Baby," He said, kissing her hair and tightening his arms around her. "Baby, it's okay, she's fine, I promise you. She's happy, she's well."

She lifted her face, tears in her eyelashes which he immediately kissed away.

And the next thing he knew her lips had connected with his and they were kissing with a passion he never knew existed.

His stomach automatically knotted in longing as the motion of their mouths intensified. Yearning coursed in his veins and he was suddenly desperate for her, needing only in this moment to be inside of her.

Their clothes disappeared as they desperately pulled them away from each other, never breaking their kiss as they tumbled down on the bed. And when he entered her they both cried into each other's mouths in the pure pleasure of being as one.

He never wanted this to end; he wanted to forget about all the shit that was going on outside this room and just stay here making love to his Aurora.

His beautiful perfect wife that he finally had back in his arms.

He wanted to forget that in just a few weeks time he was to be married to a new wife.

He wouldn't let it happen, he thought as he reached his climax and released himself into the only woman he ever wanted.

Because he belonged to only her. To Aurora.