Nineteen Years Later

"Look Dad, just give him a chance, I'm sure you'll end up loving him, just like I do."

Draco balked as he stared at his twenty year old daughter in horror.

He couldn't understand where the time had gone. It had only seemed like yesterday that she had been an adorable little daddy's girl.

And now his dark haired beautiful daughter was stood in front of him, informing him that she was about to get married. To a man.

"But why a Longbottom?" He cried, driving a frustrated hand through his hair. "Of all the names!"

"Draco," his wife said warningly, giving him a sharp look.

He knew that look. It was the look she gave him when he was acting like his father. Even after all these years of trying not to be like him, he still found snatches of Lucius's ways and means emanating from him.

He supposed you couldn't completely deny your parentage, even if he had tried his damnedest to do so.

"I love Johnny, Daddy!" Nova cried, making Draco's heart twist at the use of the redundant endearing term she used to call him. "I would have thought you of all people would understand that!"

Draco exhaled a long breath. Of course he understood that. It was the reason he still didn't talk to his own father.

He felt a hand touch his arm, instantly calming him; Aurora's. He placed his own hand on top of it, smiling at her as he gently squeezed her fingers in his.

Even after all these years his heart still flooded with such love upon looking at her. He never took her for granted, feeling blessed every morning he woke up to another day with her.

Because when you've been so close to losing someone so many times, it's not difficult to appreciate them.

"I'm sorry, Nova," he said, turning back to face his eldest and now grown up child. "It just took me by surprise. Of course if he makes you happy, then it makes me happy."

"Oh Daddy!" She cried, her face lighting up with joy as she flung her arms around him. "Your blessing means so much to me, I was so worried you would hate me!"

"Darling, I could never hate you!" Draco uttered, completely thrown by her train of thinking, "I've loved you since the moment I knew of your existence. And you must understand that to me no one will ever be good enough for you. And I'm afraid that will never change. But I do want you to be happy. And if this Longbottom makes you happy, then... so be it."

Johnny Longbottom; second cousin of Neville's who had attended Hogwarts in the same year as Nova. He had been a Gryffindor. Unlike Nova, who had followed in her father's footsteps and had become a Slytherin.

Romance hadn't blossomed until after Hogwarts though, when Nova had found herself working in the same office as Longbottom. Draco had Granger to thank for that. Bloody S.P.E.W.

"She's happy," Aurora reassured him later that night after they'd both turned in for the night. "It's all we ever wanted for her."

He gathered her to him, inhaling her scent as he kissed the top of her head.

"I know," he murmured, nuzzling his face in her hair. "She'll never stop being my little girl though."

"Well we have our other little girl to worry about in the meantime," Aurora sighed heavily, "I worry about her, about how she's going to cope starting Hogwarts tomorrow."

Draco's thoughts turned to Ariel, a child so different to their first born. Where Nova was dark haired like Aurora, Ariel had the Malfoy white-blond locks. Where Nova was fierce and confident, Ariel was quiet and withdrawn.