Aftermath

“get away from me” I yelled as the creep from the bar followed me home, I was trying to run but my feet wouldn’t move. I was stuck, and he was approaching fast. I tripped and fell over thin air. “no, stop” I screamed as the creep pinned me on the ground. His face was in my face, his horrible breath heavily blowing on to me. “you’re gonna pay bitch!” He said with a filthy grin as he released a hand to throw a punch.
“no!” I panicked and shot up from the bed. It was only a nightmare, thank god. I was sweating all over and my hands were trembling. ‘Where am I?’ I started to fret as I looked around the room.
I heard a snore and looked beside me to see a figure lying beside me in the bed. Phew, it was just Ruby. How did I get back to her place? Wait, more important what happened last night?
I sighed and laid back down. The last thing I remember was laying in the park with Isaac, we were playing around and he was stroking me hair, I really wanted to kiss him but I’m sure that was all a dream. I must’ve passed out.
10:45 am the following morning. I woke up feeling a little groggy and raced to the bathroom. I didn’t vomit, my bladder just felt like it was going to explode. How much did I have to drink last night!?
I walked into the kitchen, my face was covered in smudged makeup and I was in my pjs. Who dressed me?
“Hey” I said as I went to the fridge for a glass of water. “Hi wild child” Ruby said with a laugh, I’m making waffles, want some?” she said as she spooned the mix into the pan. “yes please!” I said as I took a gulp of water. Yuck water makes me feel sick in the morning without food. “how the hell did I get here last night and what happened?” I said as I rubbed my eyes.
“Isaac brought you home in a taxi, he called me on your phone and I helped you inside.” She explained, “oh” I said as I drank more water. “did he say anything about last night to you?” I asked curiously. “yeah, he told me about the incident at The Roseby, and your time at the park… He said you passed out on him and it was a struggle to help you to the cab” she said with a little giggle at the end.
“I had a nightmare about the creep from the bar this morning. It was horrible Rubes” I said as she passed me a plat of Waffles. I scooped ice-cream onto them and drizzled a lot of maple syrup onto it. Mmm it tasted so good.
“That shit always happens in town. First experiences are always scary. Isaac said he has a nice bruise on his chest now though from the punch” Ruby said as she spooned waffles into her mouth.
“hmm, shit. I feel so bad for him, I need to apologise” I said as I went to the bedroom to find my phone. *4 missed calls from mum* “Oh shit” I said out loud.
I called mum back, “hey mum” I said sleepily, “Why wouldn’t you answer your phone! I’ve been calling all morning.” She yelled through the phone. “sorry mum, it was on silence and I only just got up. Ruby just made us breakfast.” I said apologetically, “right, well I’m coming to pick you up, I’ll be there in 15 minutes okay?” she said back a little more calmly now. “Yep, I’ll go have a quick shower. Text me when you’re here” I replied. “Yep, see you soon.” She said before hanging up. Man she’s pissed but I don’t know why?
I raced into the kitchen to inform Ruby that I had to get ready to leave. “She sounds pissed! I wonder why?” she said puzzled. “That’s anyone’s guess” I said as I raced to the bathroom to have a shower.
I finished getting dressed and went out to the living room with my bag. *beep beep* I heard mums car and looked out the window. “Ugh, she’s here already. I did tell her to message me.” I said to ruby, I went over and gave her a hug and thanked her for last night. “I’ll see you tomorrow” she said as she led me out the door. “Yeah see you then” I said with a wave.
I got in the car, “hey mum” I said as I buckled in. “hi, did you forget we were going out today?” she said as we pulled out onto the road. “Um what, you never told me we were going anywhere!” I said back, she always does this to me all the bloody time! “Yes I did! It’s your cousins birthday party at the Laser tag place?” she replied harshly, “oh, okay then.” I said back as stubbornly as possible. She can be a real fucking bitch sometimes. Grrr!
We went straight to the Laser tag place from Ruby’s. I’m glad I was wearing sneakers and stuff otherwise I’d be stuffed. I honestly don’t want to play Laser tag with a whole lot of 8-10 year olds though.
I had to act fake as fuck to everyone and pretend that I wanted to be there but the truth is that I didn’t want to be there at all. I sat down and ate party food the whole time. I told the kids I won’t play because I’d smash ‘em all and they’d hate that, of course they protested but I could give a shit at all.
I got a message from Isaac and my face lit up with a big grin. “Hey, thanks for last night. You’re fun to go out to town with, we should do it again sometime? :)” He sent. “No, thank you for dealing with my drunk ass! I wouldn’t mind doing it again either. :P” I replied. “haha yeah, your ‘drunk ass’ wasn’t too hard to deal with.” He replied which made me laugh out loud.
“whatcha doing?” mum asked as she peered at my phone. “oh nothing, just a funny vine on facebook” I said as I put my phone back into my pocket.
I grabbed another party pie and stuffed it into my mouth, party pies are the best.
I sat there and thought about everything that happened last night and it eventually dawned on me, I have feelings, I mean REAL feeling for Isaac. Is it too early to think of the ‘L’  word yet though?