42

they had decided to let san tag along outside, the eight of them going to the mall together during the day. it felt different, san felt awkward.

he didn't feel as free to talk, somehow, now that the sunlight could see him. he felt exposed.

"are you okay?" hongjoong asked, dressed in the biggest clothes and almost making him look submissive, a gentle smile on his face as he grabbed san's hand. "you look very out of it, do you need anything?"

"uhm, i'm fine," he promised, voice wavering to betray him. he felt dizzy, like the light was too bright and every single one of his flaws were put on display. "actually, do you have some water?"

"i have fanta?" the other offered, giving him the mcdonald's cup and watching san take a shy sip. "anything else? do you need to go to the bathroom, hm?"

san was humiliated being talked to in such a way when it wasn't secluded and dark. he felt out of place. wrong. like he was doing something disgusting, he was someone disgusting. "no thanks."

"god, baby, you're shaking," hongjoong mentioned, san quick to jerk back his hand. "i'm sorry, is that not okay?"

he glared at hongjoong, he didn't know why. the slight frown settling on his face breaking san's heart. he pressed the cup back in hongjoong's hand and sped off somewhere.

and he had one aim; finding the entrance. he had never been in this particular mall before, he didn't know where to go. whenever he saw one of the others he had to hide or flee to the other side.

when he couldn't find it he felt tears prick in his eyes, teeth gripping onto his bottom lip as he stormed into the first store he saw, walking to the back and hiding in a dressing room.

"san?" a voice asked only seconds after he sank down on the floor. wooyoung. "are you in there?"

"no," san denied, resting his head on his pulled up knees. "i'm not."

"open the door for me, darling," wooyoung demanded, san not knowing why he did as told and watching the younger enter seconds later. "what happened, hm?"

he wiped away his tears. "w-why did you bring me along?" he growled. "was it your plan to make fun of me? are you all going to laugh at me together later?"

"come here, prince," wooyoung shushed, pushing and pulling at him until he sat on his lap. "did you not want to come along with us?"

"i did," san sniffled. "i was super excited to, but once i got here i just felt really out of place. i-i barely know anything about any of you."

"and that's why we wanted you to come along, silly," he explained. "so we could get to know each other better. and your knowledge about us doesn't define how much we like you."

san fell against him, tired from his running. "i'm sorry," the boy mumbled, still shaking as he was being held. "i feel guilty for being mean to hongjoong, even while being mean."

-

wdym im projecting shut up