43

san was holding wooyoung's pinkie finger, walking a few steps behind him as the younger guided him back to hongjoong so he could apologise.

"hongjoong," wooyoung started for him, the aforementioned looking up. "i have a very shy boy here who'd love to say some things to you."

the boy shuffled up, hands clutched together and looking at the floor. "m really sorry for being so mean." he mumbled, trying to speak up but feeling so stupidly small.

"oh, that's okay, pup," hongjoong denied, reaching out and brushing his fingers over his hand. "i get that you don't like being helped very much, it's completely fine."

"poor thing tried to run," wooyoung pouted, wrapping his arms around him from the back for a tight hug. "he got so scared, doesn't know how much we love him."

san melted back in his hold, tearing up again and wishing he didn't feel so small in that moment. "sorry."

"do you want one of us to take you home, baby?" wooyoung asked, rubbing his tummy with both hands. "so you can be small or take a nap maybe?"

"no," san protested, his own hands clasping over wooyoung's. "want to hang out with everyone, please."

"how about we get something to eat together?" hongjoong smiled, san nodding in agreement. "and i know you don't want to be small, but if you want a happy meal then that's okay."

san nodded again, not wanting to be rude to him once more. "thank you."

"you're beautiful, baby cakes," hongjoong promised, getting up from his seat because he simply hadn't felt like looking around. "let's get your tummy all full."

wooyoung patted his tummy twice just to accentuate his words, letting him go from the hug so that san bounced over to hongjoong and gave him a physical apology.

+

san was happy as he ate his burger, wooyoung taking it from him at some point and feeding it to him with small bites. "there you go, baby."

the older whined softly, upset that he wasn't trusted to eat by himself yet glad that it was understood. and he didn't want to, either. he didn't want to have to take care of himself or have to do things. this was fine.

"do you like it, hm?" he asked, holding his face as he waited for him to be ready for another bite. "enjoying your burger?"

he nodded, opening his mouth for wooyoung to give him more, leaning forward to rest his head against his shoulder as he chewed and hummed softly.

"you're eating so well, too," wooyoung praised. "oh, i'd love to give you tummy rubs for how good you're being."

san trembled in excitement for a second, leaning back to get another bite and squealing when wooyoung kissed his cheek.

the younger made sure he drank as well, giving him little sips of a strawberry milkshake and petting his hair whenever he smiled up at him. "i'll give you your tummy rubs when we get home, okay? we'll get all cuddly and warm."

-

babs