03

As what my brother said, I quickly ran through my room after greeting my mom cheerfully. I open the drawer below my table and grabbed my diary.

---

Dear diary,                june 9, 2008

          I'm so happy today despite of many bad things that had happened this past few days, and yesterday, because of my best friend. He brought me to our school garden and picked a piece of rose.

He gave it to me with a genuine smile, and you know diary? after I grabbed it from him, my heart beats fast, I don't know why, especially when he approaches me, I feel electric. I'm scared, diary. What is the meaning of that?

Anyways, diary I'm here to put the rose inside of this notebook. That's what my brother said when we were in the car. I should keep the rose as a symbol of our friendship, I will put it inside of any book or notebook and leave it there. I wont forget this day.

Happy, Y/n.

---

I go downstairs when my mom call out my name to take our dinner, I ran to kitchen and sit on my spot. And as usual we're going to eat delicious food again, cooked by my brother who look happy on serving his dishes in front of us. The smell of food making me hungry as I look at the table with serving of delicious foods.

"do we have any occasion, or are we celebrating something?" I asks innocently, staring at the food, my eyes glued on my favorite food, fried chicken, sticking out my tongue and slowly moved my hand towards food but sadly to say, I cannot reach it because of my small size arms. I tried my best tip toeing just to get one piece but I can't still reach it, its far two kind of dishes before.

They just laugh at me instead of helping me. I frown in desperate to get some piece of chicken, leaving a heavy sigh from my lips. My mom's seat was on my left side and my brother's seat on my front. "mom just got a nice job with a high salary that's why" my mom answered my question, I nod at her then switched my eyes to my brother who's now removing his apron. Finally.

I stay on my seat and wait for my mom to serve me my food. I reach out my plate with my favorite food on there, and place it front of me. I immediately grabbed the fried chicken and take a bite, the crunch sound filled the kitchen as I bite it, the juiciness, the smell, I chew it and swallow, I do the same until I finished it and grabbed the other one.

They chuckled softly on my action like it's my first time to eat a fried chicken.  We finished up eating and finally, I'm solved with many delicious foods. I have no shame on eating a lot as long as I still want to eat, I will continue to eat not bothering my mouth to stop chewing 'cause my tummy is going explode.

My mom help my brother to clean up the table and instruct me to go upstairs and sleep after couple of minutes in resting.

I plopped on my small size of bed, that suits me well with allowance so that I can move freely. I covered up my body using my blanket and shut my eyes. I have struggle on sleeping, so I just stay there on my bed, closed eyes, waiting for my mind and body to finally shut down, because I really want to sleep.

Couple of minutes after, my door creak out, but I keep my eyes shut. I could feel that someone who get in is now watching me and now making its way to me. The bed pressed down as if the heavy weight drag to it. A warm forehead kiss felt my skin.

"I promised to look after you Y/n, you deserve father's care and love, but seems like it's not meant for you" a soft voice coming on my side with sob "-I'll be your father and big brother in same time then, if needed just to give the love and care you deserve, every kid deserve it anyways. But I'll try to give enough as older" the soft tone of his voice entering my eardrum making me feel comfy as he continue on talking, making me fall asleep on his soft voice.

ANOTHER day to face on, I opened my eyes widely, and check the time on my clock above table 5:56 am it said, I'm quite surprised, I usually wake up late and It's one of my daily routine as a young kid, wake up, take a shower, get dressed and wait for breakfast to be serve, for few moment. As soon as I finished my breakfast, I gave my mom a good bye kiss and hug her before following my tall figure brother.