Finally away from school.

I walked into the bowling alley and headed towards Regina at the counter.
"Sup."
"Mia you aren't on for a shift."
"I can't come in to bowl?"
She gave me a look and I just shrugged.
"Ok ok. I had nothing else to do and needed help with my homework."
"Fine you can work. But in doing so you gotta tell me if you had breakfast today."
"I did."
"Mia." She said as she gave me her look
"Gah.... I didn't."
"Starting Monday, you are to eat breakfast with us."
"But Regina...."
"You only live four houses down from us. You are having breakfast with us and I already called your mother for permission. She said yes."
"Dang it. Why you gotta care for me like this?"
"Because I see you as my kid Mia. I just wish you weren't so closed up anymore."
"Well I gotta start work and math."
She shook her head before walking off. I walked behind the counter and saw Teddy walking in with Emil following. I quickly duck but was caught.
"How do you get here before me Mia?"
"Teddy no one is there. Not even fair Amelia."
I heard footsteps and the counter was hit twice and I got up.
"I hate that you saw me."
"I hate that you get to my place before me."
"I ride my skateboard and I don't care enough to remember what you do."
"I walk."
"Is it to help with becoming a robot?" I asked making Emil laugh.
"Well I will be in my room. We can work on math later if you want." He said as he made his way to the stairs.
"Na I'm fine doing it here. Unlike you I like listening to people bowl."
"You hate people though."
"Yeah, which is why I like it when I can hear bowling. Means I won't be bothered."
He quickly rushed upstairs and I was left with Emil.
"Hello." He said giving me his weird goofy smile
"Hey."
"So what are you doing here?"
"I work here Emil. We've been over this."
He made this weird noise and I gave him a confused look.
"Ok then. Well I got to go work so bye." I said before rushing off.
"I hope to see you later fair Amelia."
I gave a thumbs up and rushed over to clean a table.
'This kid is strange.'
I worked for hours and was finishing up my homework while Regina closed the place.
"Hey Regina, I don't need to stay for dinner do I?"
"Is your mum home?"
"Why yes she is."
"Working late?"
"Working late."
"Your staying for dinner. Don't fight me on this." She said before walking towards Wade.
"I can't! You said I can't throw hands with anyone in the bowling alley after that one fight!" I shouted making her shake her head
"Hey Wade. Come on five minutes closing. Let's go." She said prompting him.
"But I'm family."
"No your not." She said with an amused look on her face.
"Well I could be...if you put a ring on it." He said showing his hand and wiggling his fingers. "All this will they, won't they, between us. Am I right?" He asked while walking towards the door.
"They won't." She said shutting the door behind him.
She gave me a kind smile and headed up the stairs to do more laundry no doubt. I began to tap a beat on my books and looked at the strange bush that was there.
'I swear if that's Teddy I am going to give him an earful.'
I saw a purple purse fly from the bush and I gave it a glare only to see him get hit in the head by Emil.
'Ok I guess I don't need to give him an earful. That was karma enough.'
He saw the bag and picked it up after he placed the wood he was carrying. He then walked towards an old lady that was on her way out.
"Excuse me, ma'am. I believe you dropped your purse full of cash." He said handing it to her. "Please, let me help you up the stairs." He said walking with her outside of the building.
Once the door closed I threw my pencil case at him hitting him.
"Ow. Mia what the hell."
"You what the hell! This is a new low even for you."
"Great. Now I'm out of 37 bucks....and my mums purse!"
He kicked the locker who he'd screamed. I walked over to Teddy and was giving the locker a concerning look.
"Teddy.... please tell me your mum got lockers with emotions."
"No they are just meant to be regular lockers." He said realising what happened.
We gave each other a look and stood on both sides of the locker. Teddy opened the middle door and we saw a moustache man in the locker. He screamed and we began to scream making me slap him. We stopped screaming and I put my hand over my mouth.
"Sorry got spooked." I said
"Never mind that. Who are you?!" Teddy asked making us get back to the point.
"I'm Joosep. First officer of the Buronian Royal guard." He said having an accent like Emils.
"Why would the royal guard be in a locker spying on a moose farmers kid?" I asked leaning against the lockers.
"You guys got a real 'helicopter' country don't you?" Teddy asked.
"Please do you really think the King of Buronia would send me here on a special mission to look after a moose farmers son? No no, that boy is..." he cut himself off knowing he was going to say something stupid. "Uh....forget what I said. Amnesia pinch!" He shouted as a door new both of us opened up and grabbed our shoulders.
Teddy threw his arm off him and I dug my nails into his arm causing him to quickly bring it back into the locker.
"If I could just get it."
"What are you doing?" Teddy asked giving Joosep a confused look.
"It's supposed to knock you unconscious. Did it work?" He asked waving an arm in front of our faces.
My eyes went wide and I began to tap Teddy on the arm.
"Oh my god.... maybe he is here to kill him. I told you he witness protection."
"I don't think he is.... he can't even do a pinch right. Tell us the truth about Emil."
"And if it is to kill him you won't be getting very far out of that locker in hurt." I said making him go a bit wide eye.
"Never. I swore and oath to the king to divulge nothing about his young son...the prince."
Our eyes went wide as we looked at him.
"He's a prince?!" We shouted making him go wide eye.
"What?! Who told you?!"
"You did...like two minutes ago." I said to him.
"Blast. Really must figure out that amnesia pinch. I thought it was here, but maybe..." he moved his hand to the other side and knocked himself unconscious.
I closed the locker door and just gave a puzzled look.
"That can't be the best they got." I said turning my attention to Teddy.
"Thanks to him though we know the truth."
"Teddy. You can not tell anyone about this."
"Why not. He is a prince who is in america..."
"Ruining your year of Teddy. But think of it this way. His kingdom could be in danger and the king sent him here away from danger. You being a snitch could kill him. If you get him killed I will literally kill you."
"I thought you hated him."
"I would kill you because you are being a complete idiot. Seriously don't do anything stupid."
"What would your brother say if he knew about this?"
"Don't be stupid." I said as I headed back to my textbook.
'I wish he really was here.'
Teddy left and headed up the stairs and I dropped my pencil. I hopped off my seat and grabbed it only to hear the door open.
"Sorry we are closed!" I shouted from behind the counter.
"But I live here for a year." Emil said. "Also where did that come from?"
I stood up and gave a small wave.
"From me."
"Oh Amelia. Why are you still here? Do you not have anywhere to sleep?" He asked as he quickly made his way over to me.
"What no. Regina wanted me to have dinner with you guys....so I am."
"Wonderful. I get to spend more time with you and your beautiful face." He exclaimed.
"Emil some words of wisdom. Don't just complement a girl on her appearance that you hardly even know."
"But why not. You are absolutely stu...."
"Emil please. I have to finish my homework." I said as I went back to my equations blocking my sight from him.
"I fear I have hurt your feelings. Would you like me to call your brother?"
"No don't. I just don't take complements well, that's all." I said
'Besides he won't answer.'
"Oh. Well what I have said is true....I will just continue to make my cart till dinner is ready." He said before grabbing the wood and leaving the room.
'What have I gotten myself into. Should have just gone home.'