Manatee Manor

I was curled up in the chair next to Teddy and we were both upset about being ignored.
"So I understand me being upset, I'm confused about you being upset though."
"I'm basically being ignored and pushed to the side by Rafael. Feels like my dad and step-mum having another child because the four they have isn't enough."
"Wait you didn't tell me about that. He's had two kids with her?"
"Yeah. I feel the love." I told as I hugged the pop corn bucket in my lap.
"Well we can be ignored together." He told as he lifted his can and held it towards me.
"To being ignored and replaced together." I told as I clinked my can to his.
He pressed play and leaned back into his chair.
'At least I will always have Teddy by my side.'

After awhile we still didn't feel better and the show was hardly helping.
"Meanwhile, Freddy, the stubborn little sea cow, discovers the rest of the herd has moved on without him."
"You don't need 'em, you do you, Freddy!" Teddy exclaimed.
I threw some popcorn at the tv before I continued to eat my sorrows away.
"I wish I was Freddy. Would rather die then be sad right now." I told
"What?"
"What Freddy doesn't know, is that without companionship, he will literally die of loneliness."
"That's a thing?" Teddy asked as he went from looking at the screen before looking towards me.
"And yes, that is a thing. Goodnight, sweet Freddy."
"Freddy, no! You have so much to swim for!"
"Death will happen some day, some time. If anything he is now free from the people who abandoned him and hurt him." I told
The door opened to the room and Regina walked in with a basket of clothes. Teddy quickly rushed up and moved over to her as he spoke.
"Oh mum, am I a stubborn little manatee that's gonna die of loneliness?"
"No dude, don't change your m.o. I don't have any jokes on manatees to make dude!"
"What's that now?"
"The tv show has gotten to him." I told
"Says you."
"Just because I wish I could die in Freddys place, doesn't mean it's gotten to me."
"You two are confusing me."
"Emil could've been my best friend." Teddy told before I threw popcorn towards him. "My best guy friend."
"Thank you."
"But I took him for granted and pushed him right into the scoober-throwing arms of Rafael."
"What's a scoober?"
"I don't know! Nobody knows!"
"It's a frisbee throwing style, in which the disc is held upside-down with a forehand grip and thrown in front of and across the body." I repeated again.
"Okay Mia knows! The point is Emil and Rafael are perfect for each other. How can I compete with that?"
"Well, you could show him that you actually care about your friendship."
"I would give you advice Teddy but you've seen first hand how I've been treated as soon as Rafael showed up. You think someone treats you like they're a prince but turns out they just hurt you like your nothing. It's like my father having more kids all over again."
"Mia are you ok?" Regina asked as she came and placed a hand on my shoulder and arm as she kneeled down next to me.
"She's upset since she's basically being ignored by them and was pushed apart by Rafael. Also just learnt her dad had two kids with her step mum."
"Aww sweetie. I'll kill him."
"Thanks. I just have a fear of being forgotten cause of him. Doesn't help that it was happening with the dude who's meant to love me." I told
"I get that sweetie. How about you two do something nice for him? He is always doing nice things for you guys."
I looked at Teddy and saw the lightbulb click on and the look I've grown to known shown in his eyes.
"I know that look Teddy. You've got a plan." I told as I stood and placed the popcorn down.
"I got an idea. I just need to fill the parking lot with barbecue sauce. Mia make some calls." He told
"What's that now?" Regina asked as she quickly stood up and I grabbed my phone.
"On it!"
"Good talk, mum."
"Yeah great advice, mum."
We both rushed out as I began to make some calls.
"So what are we going to do Teddy?"
"We are going to fix everything." He told
"How?"
"Simple....." he told.
Once I was given the plan a big smile grew on my face and I quickly found the number. Once I got it I pressed the call button and placed it on speaker.
"Hi, my name is Amelia Smith and me and my friend Teddy Jackson know how to fix the problem you guys had been given." I told as I looked at Teddy and we shared the same look.