Does he know?!

We sat back on the couch and Teddy seemed to have a worried look on his face.
"You good Teddy?" I asked sharing the same face as he was.
"It's just about the fight we had at the lake. I just wanted to say sorry for the things I said."
"Teddy it is ok. Seriously I have forgiven you for it. Besides it could have been worse.... anyone could have shown up or heard us from across the lake but no one did." I told him with a small smile.
"Ok that's good. I would just hate to lose you as a friend."
"Oh I feel so honoured. Is it because your robot friends aren't good conversation holders?"
"Haha. Also what you said at the lake... about your mother being dead."
"She is still alive I promise. You guys would have been the first to know about it... you are legit on our emergency contact list."
"No I know. But it seemed like there was some sort of truth to that. Did your dad die?"
"That deadbeat? Yeah no sadly he is still alive and happy with his other family."
"You know you can always tell us if someone does... move on...right?"
"I know Teddy. And thank you, for being a good robot friend who won't force me to be their slave when they take over the world."
"You and your robot jokes."
"Come on you enjoy my human company."
"That I do. I'm glad we became friends in kindergarten."
"Well yeah. Lucy was being a twat and kept stealing your food and your you so obviously I had to be your knight in flower dress."
"Yeah. Thanks Mia."
"No problem Teddy bear."
"Stop that."
"Come here. You need some human interaction." I said as I extended my arms out for a hug.
He agreed and we hugged. I gave him a couple of pats on the back before there were more arms around us.
"Oh group hug!"
We were laughing and I was back to being my happy self again. Dinner was ready shortly and I was carbonara.
"Yes pasta!"
"I thought it would be a victory dinner for you guys winning the piggy spank. Have you told your brother yet?"
"No not yet. I will be tomorrow before work but I might be late cause of it."
"Take all the time you need Mia. Besides I have Emil and...I would say Teddy but he has his robots to work out."
"Yeah can't distract our little robot boy from making friends."
"So what does your brother do Amelia?"
"He is studying to become a doctor. Wanted to be one since he broke his arm when he was 6." I explained.
"We haven't seen him in awhile since he was busy studying to get a scholarship to make it easier. But hopefully when summer break comes he will be able to visit this year."
"Fingers cross." I said with a bit of a dry tone
We talked about random things and I kinda zoned out halfway through it.
'One day they will find out and they will hate me for it and give me the sad looks going "oh Amelia we are so sorry to hear that." I don't need that in my life. It was bad enough when my dad left us...what a prick.'
I was pulled back in when Emil began to explain where all the duck tape went.
'Yeah..... this is a weird family.'

~two hours later.~

I said bye to Regina and began to make my way home when there were footsteps behind me. I looked behind me and saw Emil and Teddy standing there.
"Yes boys?"
"I wanted to make sure you got home safe, cause of your ankle and what not." Teddy said.
"And I wanted to see what your house looked like and to also make sure you didn't hurt your beautiful face, fair Amelia."
"Dude just call me Mia, like everyone else. Also it's only four house down."
"You better let them Mia. I want to make sure you get home safe as well."
"Ok crazy rug lady!" I shouted before we left.
We were walking in the night sky and I stopped and looked into the night sky. I gave a small smile at all the stars but was pulled out of it when my name was called.
"What?"
"Fair Amelia...why are you not walking and staring up into the sky?"
"Because the stars look amazing tonight. Today has been quite a good day.... is your mum fine with you two spending a bit at mine I want to show you guys something."
"I'll go quickly ask." Teddy said before he ran back to the bowling alley.
I began to look back up to the stars and I began to smile again.
"They do look wonderful." Emil said.
"Yeah. I can only imagine the view you got from your place. It must be wonderful."
"It was... I never really looked up at the stars but I might now....maybe with you."
"Yeah maybe."
Teddy came running back and had a half smile.
"She said yes. But only for an hour."
"Ok cool. Follow me, this is going to be amazing." I said before rushing off to my house.
They quickly followed me to my house but I took them through the side gate and took them to the secret path I found awhile ago. Once we were in the clearing I showed them my little set up.
"Tada." I said showing it like it was a presentation.
"Mia what is this?"
"It's my secret little spot. I come here when I have anxiety attacks or just need to recollect myself. Not even my mother knows about this and if I'm lucky for nights like this then I will look up at the sky and watch the stars for hours on end. I wanted to share this with you guys."
"It is absolutely stunning Amelia. I'm glad you were happy to share this with us. Shall we look at the stars?"
"Are their any insects on this blanket?"
"I will quickly grab my other one. I place a second blanket on top just in case." I said before heading over to the clothes horse and collected the blanket that always hung there.
I brought it back and placed it on top before resting on my back on it and began to look at the stars. Teddy and Emil joined me and I began to tell them about all the stars that I knew about.
"Those stars right there form the Aquila. It's name means eagle in Latin and it represents the bird that carried Zeus's thunderbolts in Greek/Roman mythology. Oh and that one is the Cassiopeia, it is named after the vain queen Cassiopeia in Greek mythology who boasted about her unrivalled beauty. That one right there is my favourite of all. It's called the Corvus but is also known as the Raven. It represents the crow or raven which is the sacred bird of the god Apollo, myth says that Apollo tells the raven to watch over his pregnant lover Coronis. After awhile she losses interest in the god and falls for a human man, once the bird reports the affair to him, he becomes angry that the raven didn't stop it so he cursed it... scorching the ravens feathers black."
"You know so much about the stars like Teddy does about robots. It is quite fascinating Amelia."
"I didn't know you were into stars Mia. Why didn't you tell me?"
"Thought you would find it weird. Besides if I was to disappear you know where to find me right away. Can't have that happen."
We stayed there for the hour as I told them all I knew about the stars we could see till they had to go back home. I walked them to the gate and waved goodbye.
"I will see you guys tomorrow....since I have work."
"See you later Mia."
"Oh while we are here. Can I get your number Amelia?"
"Sure Emil. Let me put it in your phone."
He handed it over to me and I put it my number before I gave it back. He got happy and gave me a hug. I gave him a pat on the back which got him to let go of me.
"I shall see you tomorrow fair Amelia." He said before he grabbed my left hand and kissed it.
"Ok weirdo. I will see you guys tomorrow after I am done talking to my brother."
We waved bye and I closed the gate before walking back inside.
'Maybe Emil isn't as bad as I had originally thought."