What the hell are you two wearing?

I was going over my lines for community theatre when I saw Teddy and Emil walk into the bowling alley. I quickly hid the script under my textbook for math hoping they wouldn't move it.
"What a fantastic day. Right Teddy?" Emil exclaimed.
"Speak for yourself."
I looked closer and saw that it looked like Teddy had been run over by a car and rushed over to them.
"What the hell happen? Did you make a transformer mad?"
"No I didn't. You are the only one that would ever volunteer to clean the stretch of highway between the dump and the other dump."
"What about all those nice gentleman who were helping us?" Emil asked
"They has to do that. They were prisoners!"
"Really? Even Bone-saw?"
"Oh I remember Bone-saw. He is the sweetest. He was the one that got me out of the car once they got the doors off. I have to send him a letter to see how he is going." I said
"Mia!"
"What he is actually nice. Besides they see me as like a little family member they adopted but can't care for me." I explained
"Ok then. Look Emil, I know you are excited to be here, but you've gotta stop signing us up for every horrible activity on the school bulletin board. I mean you could drag Mia into them."
"No you see he tried but I said I was busy."
"Amelia is always welcomed to join us. But I just wanted us to bond. Like Bone-saw and Stabby Mike."
"Oh no honey they aren't people who are really good friends." I said placing a hand on his shoulder. "Also that makes me concerned for you."
"Oh no. Royal babysitter coming in." He said making me turn around and seeing Joosep.
'Oh boy here we go.'
"Excuse me, my fellow bowling alley patrons. I couldn't help but notice you're dressed as a common traffic cone."
"Joosep what are you doing?" Emil asked in a hush tone.
"Did you forget your Highness, that your father, the king sent me to protect you? Oh no...have you been hit in the head by an errant cola bottle?!" He said before he grabbed Emils face and began to test if he had a concussion.
"Would you stop? Stop it!" Emil said getting out of his grip and hid behind me to get out of reach.
"Don't think about it because I will break your hand." I said to Joosep making him pull his hand back to his side.
"You look suspicious." Emil said as he hid behind me.
"You mean suspiciously American?"
"Nope." Teddy said
"Joosep, if you are concerned about my safety, maybe you should be....investigating all these shady characters hanging around a bowling alley in the middle of the day." Emil said taking a peak from behind me.
"Yeah I mean why would people be here in the middle of the day. It's very suspicious." I added knowing that he will go along with it.
"Ah. That's a brilliant observation your Highness. I shall get to work straight away creating background checks on everyone here. Starting with that shady character right there." He said pointing at a child.
"Yes the child does look suspicious." I said with a sarcastic tone.
"Excuse me, you there. Who do you work for?" He said as he began to chase after the girl and her mother around the bowling alley.
I turned to Emil with wide eyes and he looked at me with a confused look.
"What?" He asked as he began to take off his vest.
"He is going to get himself arrested and your father will surely be pissed." I said
He opened his mouth to argue but couldn't since Regina walked up to us.
"Hey, who was that guy you were talking to? He has been here everyday this week, but hasn't bowled a frame." She asked
"He was just...." Emil began but I quickly interrupted him.
"Nachos. He was just telling us how much he likes the nachos here." I said with a straight face hoping she didn't see though the lie.
"Huh....he's looking at me right now."
She gave him a wave and he hid behind the top Lady Bowler magazine.
"Maybe he lied about liking the nachos. He could obviously be into something else here." I said.
"Regina's still got it. Am I right?"
"Mum, ew." Teddy said giving her a disgusted look.
"Oh before I forget. Here are your permission slips for the camping trip this weekend." She said handing us a piece of paper.
"Yes!" Emil exclaimed becoming jumpy.
"Camping?"
"Did you kill my parents and illegally became my parent?"
"I didn't... no matter how much I want to beat up your dad for what he did. Emil signed you up but didn't know your mother so he gave it to me so I called her and was able to sign it for you. Besides I think I am technically your other legal guardian in the eyes of the law."
"What did you do?" Teddy asked
"I signed the three of us up for an overnight stay at Snake Bite Ridge." He said with excitement.
"Snake Bite Ridge....." I said taking a step away from him.
"Why would anyone want to go to a place called Snake Bite Ridge? Snakes...Bites...Ridges?All bad!" Teddy screamed.
"Come on Teddy. It'll be good for you, get you out of your comfort zone." Regina said
'Six years.... I hadn't been back there for six years and now I'm being forced to go back.'
"I don't wanna leave my comfort zone. Comfort...Zone! All good! Besides, I've already got a whole weekend full of fun ahead of me. I'm gonna test my robot on some stairs!" He told excitedly jumping a little.
"Teddy, even the robot doesn't think that sounds like fun." Regina said
'The last time I went was the night of the accident....'
"Look mum. The last thing I want to do is sit around a campfire singing stupid camp songs, and there is no way you can make me."
'All because of my dad.... I gotta go.'
Without saying anything I quickly left the bowling alley and ran to my house. I went to my backyard and to my secret area. I could feel the tears going down my face.
'Of course they didn't know it was my dads fault and that we went there to camp. How could they I haven't told them anything.....'
"Knock knock. Did I do something wrong Amelia?"
"Emil.... how did you know I was here?"
"You said you come here when you are having attacks of panic or when you need to recollect yourself. So the stars look nice today."
I began to laugh and a small smile appeared on his face.
"Want to join me?"
"I would love to fair Amelia."
He sat down next to me and grabbed my hand making me look up at him.
"Amelia.... what happened? You ran out and Teddy was going to run after you but I asked him not to, because I felt like it was my fault and I wanted to solve it." He said with a sad smile.
"No it's neither of your fault. It's just my brother really loves camping but the last time I went was before he went to uni and that was a few years ago. Just brought up some memories." I said looking into my lap.
"Amelia. Why didn't you say something?"
"Because I get pity looks like that." I said pointing to his face.
"I only pity that your beautiful face isn't lighting up when your sad." He said brushing some of my hair behind my ear. "Now come on where is that stunning smile of yours."
I began to smile and his smile grew bigger.
"Why are you nice to me Emil?"
"Because your nice to me... I at least hope you are actually being nice to me. Have I been tricked?"
"No Emil. I am being nice to you and it's not a trick."
"Oh that's good. But hey your smiling again. I like it when you smile."
"You know for a royal you aren't a royal pain."
"Very funny. I'm guessing you are feeling better?"
"Much. Thanks Emil."
"No problem Amelia. Now let's head back to the bowling alley, you have work and I have time to spend with you because Teddy says he needs Teddy time." Emil said.
He got up and offered a hand towards me. I grabbed it and was pulled up and looked into his eyes.
"I didn't know you had green eyes Emil. They look nice."
"Thanks Amelia. Uh let's head off to the bowling Alley before they think we've died."
"Yeah Regina would have entered mum more as soon as I bounced. So we actually should run back because she will leave and come looking for us." I said before we rushed back to the bowling alley.
'Maybe I won't need to keep the secret of what happened.'