Emil you promised.

(Amelia p.o.v)

I was sitting on the arm of Teddys chair reading a book while him and Regina played chess. She began to slowly move a piece before Teddy interrupted her.
"Check."
She began to move the piece in the opposite direction only for Teddy to interrupt her again.
"Check yourself before you wreck yourself."
She decided to move it forward only for the same process to happen again.
"Get out your passport 'cause you're about to enter the check republic."
"Nice." I said as we fist bumped and caused Regina to lean back in her chair.
"I see the student has become the condescending teacher. Excuse me while I go figure out what a computer would do." She told before rushing off her chair and runs up the stairs.
"I'm glad I was here for that." I told before looking up to see Emil walking in with a sad look on his face.
'He must still be upset about the whole lunch situation. He wouldn't talk to me about it and even left the school without me.'
"Hey, Emil, how was the hotdish?" Teddy asked completely ignoring the sad look he had.
"Regrettably, I never even got to lay my eyes upon Bernice's warm rutabagas. They tossed me out for using a front of the line pass."
"Front of the line pass." Me and Teddy asked in confusion until he made a face of realisation.
"Wait a minute. Did you but that from a big guy? Even bigger hair? Look of pure evil on his face?"
"I do not know the purity of his evil, but the rest of the description is accurate." He told making me face palm.
'Why didn't he tell me this?'
"That's Scott Spitzak. He's a bully, a con-artist, and the schools most vicious towel snapper. Avoid that guy at all costs."
"Teddys right. He isn't good news."
"Teddy, silly little grump. You only see the worst in people."
"Yeah! When those people are the worst."
"Come on, no one is completely bad."
Even sharks do not eat all their babies. I will simply explain to Mr.Spitzak what happened, he will give me a refund, and we will all have a great laugh." He told before laughing.
"You do know its the baby shark that eats it's sibling but one in the womb yeah?" I asked only to be ignored yet again.
Emil rushed out of the building even though school was over for the day.
"Wait! No, I wouldn't...."
'You promised Emil.'
We turned around to hear footsteps, to see Regina run back to the table and moved a piece.
"Checkmate!"
"That my piece."
"Dang it!"
She quickly turned back around and ran back upstairs.
"For some one who taught you chess, she sure is terrible at it."
"Yeah. But what's with you looking down?"
"Just Emil promised he would help me with some stuff that I still needed to bring over only for him to bail." I told as I slumped down onto the couch
"Well why don't I help you?"
"Glad I can't count on you." I said before he offered a hand and pulled me off the couch.
We began to make our way to my house but I was still upset about Emil breaking his promise.
'He promised to help. Is this what Woody felt in Toy story 1? Stupid emotions!'
"Amelia!" Teddy shouted making me snap out of my thoughts
"What dude?"
"Ok something is seriously up. Talk."
"I'm just upset that Emil broke his promise that's all." I told as I opened the door and making our way inside and to my room after I shut the door.
"Well he is stupid for doing so. I mean it's not like anything important was meant to happen."
"I mean kinda."
"Kinda?"
"I don't want to talk about it."
"Well now you have to. What, you were gonna say you have a crush on him and wanted him to know."
"Well when it's said like that it sounds dumb."
"Mia! You have a crush on him!"
"Omg Teddy. Shout it louder I don't think the whole town heard you."
"It just took me by surprise that's all."
"I know. Me actually having a crush on someone is not normal. Especially for someone like Emil. I mean we are complete opposites if you think about it."
"Mia, just because you two are opposites doesn't mean that it won't work out straight away."
"I thought you were against me and him being together. You went brother mode on him when you found out."
"I just want you to be happy Mia. If it's being with a prince then so be it. I'll support it."
I got tears in my eyes which made him worry.
"Oh jeez. I'm sorry Mia I didn't mean to make you cry. I was just saying cause I do care for you and...." I cut him off by embracing him in a hug.
He was shocked for a bit but quickly returned the hug.
"Thank you for being my brother Ted."
"Thank you for being my sister."
We let go of one another and grabbed the last of my things that I needed and made our way back to Reginas.
"What are you going to do with Emil?"
"Just ignore him for a bit. He will instantly feel guilty."
"Ah, want me to help? Will make it ten times worse."
"Maybe. You can decide in the moment."
"Cool." He said before we fist bumped.
We made our way in and we saw that Emil was back. Teddy gave me the bags he was holding before Emil turned around to see us standing there.
"What's with the bags?" He asked as he gave me a small smile mixed with confusion.
Before anything was said Regina ran back down stairs and moved a piece.
"Checkmate!"
"Still my piece mum."
"Let me try again."
"Ok."
"Oh I see you got the rest of your things Mia. That's good. Computer!" She said before rushing back upstairs.
"Rest of your things?" Emil questioned till it dawned on him. "Oh we were meant to do that!"
"Yeah we were, like you promised. But you didn't." I told before making my way upstairs to my room.
'I know he was distracted from lunch but the fact he didn't tell me about it and forgot about our plans made me rethink things. Maybe I shouldn't be with a prince.... but you like Emil and care for him. Just because I do doesn't mean it's a good idea, we are not the same status and it's better if we just don't. Amelia this isn't right. Wether it's right or wrong I need to make pros and cons. Till then I'm not going to say anything on my feelings to him.'