Emil no!

I was at school after having to run to avoid having breakfast at Reginas.
'Geez, Regina was persistent today. Won't work again tomorrow.... might have to jump the fences to confuse her.'
I headed to my locker to put my bag away and decided to quickly go to the skatepark for a morning skate.

~after the skate park~

I headed to my locker to see Emil there with a box of random stuff. I walked up and once he saw me a smile grew on his face making me smile.
"What's with the box dude?"
"Well you see fair Amelia. I recently learnt Teddys birthday is this weekend, so I've collected things from his past to make it the best bakshal ever."
"That's the whole turning thirteen ceremony thing right?"
"Exactly. So I'm throwing him a surprise birthday party." He explained.
"Dude he doesn't like surprises." I told
Sydney walked over and was confused.
"Amelia did you forget your bag at home?"
"Na I got here early. It's in my locker."
"Emil, what's with the box? Did Teddy kick you out?" She asked putting a hand on his shoulder.
"No! It's for Teddys surprise party."
"And he doesn't like surprises." I added
"Everyone says they hate surprises. It's part of the dance." He told making me and Sydney share a look of concern. "I am going through a box of his moments to make sure his party is filled with all his favourite things."
"Does that mean it's gonna be filled with robots and no actual humans except us?"
"Amelia, be real here. He doesn't have that many robots for a whole party." He told making me laugh knowing he didn't get my sarcasm.
"No Emil, I was being sarcastic."
"Oh. Well you had me fooled. But do either of you know where I can find a time travelling cyborg?" He asked as he opened one of Teddys old books showing a picture I hadn't seen in ages.
"Hey I remember this. I got upset when he said the cyborg was his best friend and I wasn't. He ended up saying I was his best friend that's a girl which helped."
"I do, but he's got a soccer game that day." Sydney told as I was ignored.
"Just my luck." He said as he closed the book and put it back into the box as Sydney laughed.
"You're really going all out for this Bakshal thing, aren't you?"
"I never got to enjoy mine. It was a day of royal duties, ceremonial gifts and endless parades in my honour."
"Oh yeah because that's the worse birthday ever." I told making the sarcasm known in my voice.
"You got prince problems."
"There is no way I will not allow Teddy to be disappointed with his Bakshal, like I was. So he will think we are simply having cake at 4, when in reality, he will be getting the greatest surprise party ever. The only thing I have yet to figure out is the music."
"Hello!" Sydney exclaimed.
"Hello." We both said making the other smile.
"No, me! You know I wanna be a DJ! Please please please please."
"Sydney chill. We are in school." I told only to be ignored again.
'I feel like Drax when he is invisible."
"I'll make a mash up of Teddy's favourite songs....Vivaladi and an audiobook on haunted shipwrecks?"
"I was wondering where that audiobook went. He really needs to learn to give my stuff back."
"Fine. Sydney you can Dj."
"Yes!" She said jumping up and down.
"Oh wow peep, the best thing ever."
"I'm going to get back to that." He said before turning back to Sydney. "But if Kanye hits me back on Insta, I'm going with him."
"Why Kanye? Tyler the creator is better in my opinion." I told
He turned his head and saw teddy walking towards us making him freak out. He quickly handed Sydney the box and pushed her into the classroom next to us.
'I think they have a test.'
"Fair Amelia do you think we can talk about things after school?" He asked
"Emil I have work so even if I said no you will be able to find me." I told making him smile.
'So weird.'
Teddy walked up to us and looked tired.
"Hello roomie! What are you doing here at this school that you go to?"
"Trying to stay awake. I was up late last night trying to teach my robot how to roll over rugs." He explained.
"A useful tool for your house."
"What's up with you? You seem even.....peppier than usual." He said before making his way over to his locker.
"Well, I was thinking of your upcoming birthday, I would like to grant you a Bakshal wish. Anything you want, let your imagination run wild."
"Is that really a good idea after what happened with Fillmore?" I asked.
"Really? Oh, you know what would be great? A relaxing, uninterrupted 'Me' day."
'That would be calming. Why don't we have one for our birthday? We usually do have me days anyway. We have the house to ourself like all the time. That is true.....I really gotta stop with this.'
"Are you sure you would not prefer a 'we' day?"
"Yeah I'm sure. And if you really wanted to make my birthday perfect...."
"I do!" Emil exclaimed
"I've been dying for a nice, long, massage from this beauty." He told as he opened his locker to show an old lady in a massage chair.
"Dude I didn't think you would be into that sorta stuff."
"I mean....she does look experienced." Emil said making us both laugh.
"No! Not the lady. The chair. It's the Relax-a-nator 3000!"
"Ok two things. Sounds like a Dr.D invention and could they not come up with anything else that sounded better then Skynet and their robots?..... is that who created the chair?!"
"Anyway, this chair has ten horsepower calf massages, butt warmers, and a build in tablet so I can watch my stories."
"Dude I don't mean to sound rude, but it's sad your this excited over a chair." I told earning a look from him.
"Well, it's not what I was expecting, but if I were to give you this 'me' day, you would be done relaxing by 4, right?" Emil asked.
"Yeah sometime around then." Teddy said oblivious from why he was asking.
"It is very important that you are done by 4."
"Why?"
"Remember dude we are having your cake then, like we always do."
"Because that is the best time for cake!" Emil said nervously before he giggled and ran off.
"Man, that kid really likes cake."
"Yeah. He is really weird."
"Hey Mia."
"Yeah?"
"Your not mad at me for the whole promise are you?"
"Well he didn't exactly tell me what it was, but I assume it's to do with his crush in a way. Would I be correct?"
"Yes you would."
"I know you were doing it to protect me from being hurt. Him leaving in a year doesn't help the case, but thank you. You are the best brother anyone could ask for." I told giving him a hug.
"And you are the scariest but also best sister anyone could ask for."
"Well, I have history with the weird one. So I'll see you second period." I told letting go and heading off.
"See ya."
'Emil has got to learn how to hide things well.'