First cupid arrow

You ate your deluxe steak as Jin looked at you, you looked so happy just eating.

"I think my mother liked you" Jin spoke

You look up at him, he chuckled and leans over. You look at his face, he's so close to you he could just kiss you.

"You have barbecue sauce"

You looked so confused he started to chuckle. He grabbed a napkin and wiped your lip. He looked up to meet your eyes. Then he went back to his seat.

~~~

On your way back, the car ride was silent. But sometimes he would glance at you.

He finally pulled up in your drive way. He turned off the car and rushed to your side to open the door for you.

"Thank you for the dinner mr.kim"

"It's the least I can do for all the drama that happened. I'm sorry you had to see that"

You felt sorry for him, if this was only one dinner, imagine his whole life.

"My mother...has always chosen Namjoon over me, and so did my father. I've always worked hard to make them proud, but they only payed more attention to Namjoon. In Christmas, Namjoon would receive all the toys he wanted. I would receive scolding and books. I never had a real childhood. I grew up before I was even suppose to...I've...never experienced how real love from a loved one feels like"

Jin doesn't notice the tears running down his cheeks. You didn't want to touch him because he's your boss and he could fire you. But you wiped his cheek. He looked up and met your eyes.

You could see how hurt he is. He didn't flinch or move back. He even held your hand with his hand in his cheek.

"I'm so sorry to hear that mr.kim" you said softly. And then he did Something you thought he would never do.

Hug you.

"Mr.kim?"

"C-can we stay like this? P-please?"

You didn't reply, but hugged him back as a yes. Both of you stayed like that until you heard him stutter.

"I-I need to go home" he said pushing you a little bit. He walked towards his side of the car.

"Ok, drive safe mr.kim" you said smiling at him. He looked at you and you noticed he smiled slightly. He got inside his car and drive away.

~~~

Jin sat in his living room, the only light source illuminating the room was a lamp. He was just sitting there, drinking some warm milk.

Then he started thinking of what has happened earlier.

"My mother...has always chosen Namjoon over me, and so did my father. I've always worked hard to make them proud, but they only payed more attention to Namjoon. In Christmas, Namjoon would receive all the toys he wanted. I would receive scolding and books. I never had a real childhood. I grew up before I was even suppose to...I've...never experienced how real love from a loved one feels like"

He started get get a little teary, but then he thought of you. How you didn't judge him, how sweet you were with him.

He smiled to himself.

"Am I liking someone?" He asked himself and placed a hand over his chest.

"Am I starting to...like her?"