016

Date: July 20, 2020
Name: MaKayla Wigfall
Nickname: Kayla

"You ready to tell me what happened?" Joseph asked as he rocked Jassy while feeding ha

Ion know if I'm ready.

It's been days since it all happened.

I'm a lil traumatized by it honestly.

I slowly nodded my head. "I-I think so." I mumbled.

"Don't be scared baby, you know I gotchu. Talk to me." He looked at me.

He could be so caring.

I nodded my head. "Okay, me, LeeLee, and Jassy left to go to the store. She volunteered to drive, and I let ha. Biggest mistake of my life. When she started driving, she started acting funny. After a while, she stopped the car. I was confused but my mind was prepared for anything, at least I thought it was. That moment she stopped, she told me that felt like the car was acting different. I shrugged it off and she got out to check it or whatever. Minutes later I heard a gun being cocked directly in front of me. I jumped to the backseat where Kayla was, and that's when I got hit. Repeatedly."

I looked at Joseph as tears ran down his face.

"Baby?" I called to him but he didn't look at me.

He just got up, and left.

I sighed wiping the tears that came down my face.

My leg and my arm had been hurting, my side too. But my side wasn't all that bad.

I've been taking my medicine, I wanna get better real soon.

I looked up as he came back without Jassy.

He got back in the bed pulling me into a soft hug.

I closed my eyes hugging him back as I felt his tears get my neck wet.

I never seen him cry.

This was the first, and I swear I don't know how to react to it.

"Baby? Don't cry, imma be okay. You know that." I mumbled.

"Yeah, but you not gonna be the same." He mumbled.

Huh?

What's he talking about?

The doctors didn't tell me much, so what's he talking about?

"What are you saying?" I asked as I looked at him.

"You not gone be able to have no more kids. That's what I'm saying." He sighed looking away from me.

"Stop lying, the doctor said nothing about that." I said instantly getting upset.