E L E V E N

"An amusement park," I glanced over at David, who was standing right in the sun and blinding me. I looked back at the entrance of the park. "Wow."

"Are you... excited?" David looked down at me confused. "It's really hard to gauge your reactions, you know."

"No, um, I am," I reassured him with a smile. "I've just never been to an amusement park before."

"Are you fucking kidding?" David looked more shocked than when he found me on the floor ripping apart a pencil sharpener, which I found kind of funny. "You've never been to an amusement park?"

"We didn't have that much money," I shrugged as I looked back at the big colorful gate to Scream Fun Park. "I'm nervous, I guess is what I'm trying to say. I've never ridden any of these types of rides before."

"Oh, Evan," David smiled a little too deviously. "We're gonna have so much fun today."

"I'm just glad I brought Big Bertha," I slapped my silver sparkly fanny pack that I chose to grab last minute. David tried multiple times to talk me out of it, but I just knew it would come in handy.

"Come on," David rolled his eyes. "Before I take you back home."

I didn't actually believe he would do that, but I followed him anyways. We walked up to the counter together, where David paid for my thirty five dollar day pass. I tried multiple times to tell him that was unnecessary, but he would just shrug and tell me that he "drug me out there" and I shouldn't have to pay for it. I promised him I'd pay for any food or drinks we got inside the park or on the way home. He, surprisingly, agreed to that exchange.

"What do you want to do first?" he asked as we secured those paper wristbands around our wrists, proof that we paid to get in.

"I don't even know," I was amazed by the crowd of people. Every ride looked fun in its own way, but I didn't know what was the best or what was the worst. I was looking down at the map, and finally settled on one near us. "Let's do this one first. The Monster Manor. I love scary things."

"You're gonna pee your pants, and we're gonna have to go home," he chuckled to himself, but turned in that direction anyways. I was glad David could read a map; if I was leading us, we'd be on the opposite side of the park by now.

After the "Monster Manor", which was most definitely made to scare people like Simon and not college students, we just went down the line. We rode everything possibly, even sweet talking workers to let us ride the rides that were meant for only kids and their parents to ride. We skipped "The Gravity", which was the biggest rollercoaster and Scream Fun Park's greatest attraction, vowing to go back once we had ridden everything else.

My final verdict on amusement parks was as follows. I had fun, lots of fun, but holy hell, were they tiring. We were going only there for maybe four hours before I was ready to give up and go home. The end of our journey was solidified by me eating a corndog before getting on the biggest ride, "The Gravity", and then puking it right back up the second we got off.

So maybe the big rollercoasters weren't for me. The more childish rides, on the other hand, were my kind of fun. I don't think I had ever smiled so much in the last two years of my life than the amount I smiled with David that day. I don't think I had ever been happier than the moment we were in line for one of the bigger rides and David asked me to put his phone in my fanny pack to keep it safe.

I was sad to see it ending. Someone who wasn't really my friend in the first place might have just brought me the best day of my life, and now I had to go back to my apartment and remember that my life was still pretty bad.