F I F T Y - O N E

"I have to tell you guys something," I admitted as me and my roommates sat on the couch together that Sunday, eating the lunch they picked up from Panda Express on the way back.

"You're pregnant with Jeff's baby. I knew it," Natalie nodded like it was all coming together for her. "I knew no one could run that much!"

"Will you name it after us, and if so, who gets the first name and who gets the middle name? We could have a competition! To see who will be the better aunt! Oh my gosh!"

"Guys," I stared at the two of them as if they'd grown another head. "I'm not pregnant, what the fuck?"

"... if you aren't pregnant, then someone died. Who died?"

"Well... kind of. Just to keep you guys in the loop, my brother tried to kill himself on Friday," I told them, watching as both of their jaws dropped in shock. They stayed silent, so I continued, "I think he's not going to do it again, but once is enough to scare the shit out of me, you know? I was at the hospital all weekend. With David. David drove me. I didn't know who else to call."

"Oh, was it awkward? Also, Simon. I love him. I hope he's okay."

"I think he is," I nodded. "And... no. It wasn't awkward. Um... we're together. Again. We're back together."

Two jaws dropped, but smiles quickly replaced their shocked expressions. "You're back together?"

"Yes."

"Holy shit," Corinna squealed, standing up from her spot on the couch like she was too excited to be seated anymore. "Finally! I'm so mad that there aren't gonna be any more parties this year! They'll finally be fun again!"

"You're completely fine? Completely back together?" Natalie raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"I think so. We talked about a lot in the car on the way back from the hospital. I told him I would trust him more with everything, and he said he would try to give me reassurance more so I didn't have to just trust him," I explained to the two. "I have never been so relieved in my life."

"The last couple months have been fucking hell for you," Corinna patted me on the shoulder. "I mean, thank the fucking lord. Miscommunication breakups don't even really count as breakups."

"Was that considered a miscommunication breakup?"

"I think so," she shrugged. "You couldn't communicate your feelings, so technically, I guess that's a miscommunication."

"It is. I can't believe we've wasted all this time being sad and sneaking David in behind your back just for you to get back together."

"You were not sneaking him in. I was always awake. Y'all are so damn loud," I giggled at their stupidity. "The front door slams if it's windy outside. I always knew he was here."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because he would stand there and look at me sometimes," I admitted, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks. "When he left, one time he whispered that he missed me, and every other time, I could just feel him looking at me. I liked it."

"He's so fucking cute. I knew you would be perfect for each other," Natalie grinned. She really loved the fact that she said we'd be cute together the day David and I met. She really held on to that one. She deserved to. It was kind of shocking how she called it from day one.

After lunch, I studied for a little longer and then forced David to take me grocery shopping for the dinner that night. After posting a poll in the frat's group chat, the majority voted on fried chicken, mac and cheese, and salad. It was a lot of work, but this was the last meal, so I also got the ingredients for banana pudding. I would instruct David on how to make it since it was so easy while I worked on the more difficult stuff.

"Evan," Jeff smiled as he walked into the frat house kitchen. David was laying banana slices flat into the big aluminum pan, very focused on making sure it was perfect. He frowned when Jeff walked in. "Hey, David."

At least he respected him enough to nod back.

"If you distract me, you have to eat the burnt chicken," I warned him, holding up the wooden spoon I was using to stir the giant pot of noodles. "I will literally beat you over the head with this."

"I just came to look, you crazy ass bitch," Jeff joked, and David raised his eyebrows at me like he wasn't sure whether or not he should be defending me.

I could handle myself with Jeff, though, so I rolled my eyes and said, "Shut the fuck up. I'm so excited to not have to deal with you for the next three months."

"Wow, we're not even gonna hang out once? That's fucking cold."

"If you make me burn the chicken for the last fucking supper, no, we will not be hanging out."

"Alright, I'll leave then. Can't go without a running buddy all summer."

"You're graduating!" I laughed. "Summer is not even a thing for you anymore."

"Don't remind me," he patted me on the shoulder in a very bro way, but David still kept an eye on him. I smiled and nodded at him once Jeff left us alone.

"Thank you."

"He shouldn't touch you."

"I know," I sighed, even though I really didn't agree. I just didn't want to start a fight. "I'm sorry. I'll tell him, but he also graduates in a week."

"Don't apologize. He's just disrespectful. You shouldn't touch another dude's girl like that," he sighed, but got back to work on his masterpiece. "He's lucky you like him, because if that was Ilya, I'd beat him the fuck up."

"You couldn't beat up Jeff," I giggled to myself at the thought. "Also, Ilya's growing on me. He was the only one that would smoke with me while we were broken up."

"Don't tell me that. That pisses me off."

"Put the fucking Nilla wafers in and shut the fuck up," I commanded and he smiled at me.

"Yes, your highness. By the way, my mom wants you to go to the hospital with her on Tuesday. Since I can't go. I told her you can't."

"Are you kidding?" I frowned at him. "Tell her I'll go. Well, actually, I'd need a ride if I went. You're a dick to her. That's why she loves me."

"She'd drive you. She's insane like that," he chuckled. "Call her tomorrow, if you want to go. She'd be glad to hear from you. I seriously think she's obsessed with you."

"How could she not be?" I smirked, and he smiled.

"You make a strong point."

i am once again back on my bullshit with my fav toxic man so i wrote this lmao

(Since writing this authors note i am once again back off my bullshit and hurt !!! Bc he never changes he never will lmaoooooooo but dont worry bout me im a thug and im hotter than him so)

xoxo abby