13.

Azura Serenity James.

"Kaliyah said be ready at 8." Autumn said as she dropped me off.

"Ok," I said grabbing my things, "you know what you're wearing?"

"Hell nah," She laughed, "thats why I gotta go home and get to searching."

"Right, cause it's already 4." I said opening the door.

"Eggzactly." She laughed.

"See y'all tonight, cause I'm showing my ass." I snapped my fingers, closing the door.

"Kyaire gone pull up, watch." She yelled out the window.

"FUCK A KYAIRE!" I yelled, walking towards the door.

Bitch be waking up on the wrong side of the bed everyday. He got mad because he had a hangover and I woke him up to eat like nigga starve then the hell. He pushed me off the bed and I tried to suffocate his ass.

I noticed my mama car in the drive, which is unusual. She don't get off work until 6 on Friday's.

"MAAA!" I dragged, as I walked in.

"I'm in the living room Azura." She called out.

I walked past the kitchen and noticed the food cooking, what the hell? Is this what she meant by I bought you in this world and I can take you out?

She finna poison me.

"Ma, what you got going on?" I walked in the living room.

"AJ!"

Hold on na'.

I looked over to see my brother and I just screamed, "MEER WHAT THE HELL!?"

"Aht aht," My mama looked at me, "yo damn mouth Azura."

"Ma, my brother here give me a pass." I waved her off and attacked him.

"I missed you too damn." He laughed.

"Y'all so damn hardheaded." She rolled her eyes, getting up to go in the kitchen.

"I gotta call my friends, I'm not going out," I shook my head sitting next to him, "fuck that party."

"AJ you can go have fun," He laughed, "shit I'ma be here."

"Can you go?" I asked, "Or are you on some type of parole?"

"Ye—"

"Actually no, I don't want you to go cause if anybody cause you any problems I'ma beat they ass." I told him.

He laughed shaking his head, "Calm down, damn near gone have an anxiety attack."

"I'm just so happy you here Ameer," I looked at him getting teary eyed, "like its been so long, and I just missed you so much."

"Don't cry please," He sighed rubbing his face, "I'ma be more upset with myself than anything."

"Why? Its not your fault, you just know you can't trust everybody— even your day ones." I told him.

"I know," He scoffed, "its coo' tho', I'm more so upset with the fact I missed out on a lot with you."

"And I'm not mad at you for anything." I told him truthfully.

I was never mad at my brother, for the simple fact he got caught up in some shit and he got left when shit got tough. If anything my brother was the realest nigga I know, I just want what's best for him. Fuck whoever gets in his way.