37.

sorry for any mistakes.

Kyaire Omari Davis
2 days later...

"Hey son." She smiled, walking in.

"Wassup." I nodded, closing the door.

She looked at me and squinted, looking at my chain.

"T-Thats nice," She half-smiled, "When did you get that made?"

"My girlfriend gave it to me as a gift for his birthday." I shrugged, walking into the living room.

I sat down, and picked up my blunt. She walked into the living room looking at me before sitting down on the couch beside me. She didn't say anything, she just stared.

"What?" I mumbled, glancing at her while playing with my lighter.

"I can't look at my son?" She sighed.

"You staring tho, I'on like that." I leaned back.

"I raised you, I'll look at yo ass all I want." She mugged.

"Did you really raise me tho?" I chuckled, "Nah wassup tho?"

"Look, I know we may not have the best relationship ever, but I am still your mother. I'm sorry that our relationship isn't so strong, but its harder than you think." She sighed, looking at me.

"You ever thought about the way you act towards us affected us in anyway and the way we grew up?" I looked at her, playing with my lighters.

"What you mean?" She made a face.

"Exactly what I said," I mugged, "you was never there for us—"

"Don't even say that Kyaire, how the hell do y'all think y'all kept a roof over y'all head? I kept y'all fed and well taken care of." She cut me off.

"Don't cut me off, I'an never said you didn't do what you had to do, I always gave you credit where it was due, but did you pay any attention to us and how we really feel?" I made a face, "No you didn't, yo ass was always at work and if if wasn't work you was with some bum ass nigga. You didn't care who you brung around us, and you prolly don't know half the shit we been through fa' real."

"Do you know how hard it is being a single parent? I tried my best, I don't know where I went wrong with you two. I had to do what I had to do to make sure y'all had what y'all needed." She waved me off.

Disrespectful ass bitch.

Cause now you just pissing me off even more acting like you don't care.

"Yeah ok, you went to work, came home and fed us, and yo ass was right back out with yo bum ass nigga right." I chuckled, "You know my brother got molested by one of them niggas you was fucking with cause you wanted to be dumb and when he told you, you didn't wanna hear it."

"I tried my damn hardest Kyaire, I didn't know he was gone be like that. That is not my fault, I was working so much and at a point of time he was the only one who could watch y'all for me. Kenji ass lied so much how the hell was I supposed to know. My family didn't fuck with me, and shit got harder after my mother died." She shook her head.

"Stop using that as an excuse. Even before grandma passed you was on some dumb shit and grandma told you plenty of times to get your shit together." I blinked, "My brother ain't no liar, he ain't gone lie about being touched the fuck. Then yo ass was still bringing him around us. If you wanna be real, my brother raised me."

It be fucked up when you got a toxic ass parent, and you feel guilty about trying to cut them off.

"I'm not about to sit here and argue with you." She scoffed, "I had my own issues as well."

"You're so toxic you don't even wanna admit your wrongs, you ain't show us no attention or better yet when was the last time you actually asked how we doing mentally? You fucked up our mindsets, you ain't really care bout where we was, who we was with." I shrugged.

"I don't know what you want me to say Kyaire," She sighed, "I'm sorry that I failed y'all as a parent."

"I'm 22, its a lil too late for that." I laughed.

Kenji you hear this dumb ass shit?

At this point, I'm over her and this dumb ass conversation.

"Whenever we did try to come to you and talk to you, you blew us off and pushed us away. You didn't wanna be bothered by us so I really don't care how sorry you are." I nonchalantly shrugged, "Just know my kids ain't gone ever go through what we did."

My brother probably turning in his grave right now.

"I lost one of the only people who really had my back, that shit hurt." I shook my head, sparking my blunt.

"I had to bury a son you think it was easy for me?" She sighed.

Girl, fuck you.

I shook my head, and heard my phone ringing.

Wifey❤️
00:29

"KYAIRE THESE NIGGAS JUST SHOT AT US!" I heard her.

"What?" I clenched my jaw standing up, "Where you at?"

"Me and Kaliyah was at the store, these niggas was being weird and shit, we left out and not too long later them niggas shot at us when we was getting in the car," I heard her, "We on our way to my apartment right now."

"Alright calm down, I'm on my way now. Y'all ain't hurt are y'all?" I asked her, grabbing my glock.

"No we okay." She said breathing heavy, "I'm irritated as fuck bro."

"You want me to stay on the phone with you?" I asked, grabbing my keys and jogged down the stairs.

"Yes," I heard her sniffing, "this shit got me so heated bro like its not even funny."

"I fucking hate niggas like bro what the fuck soft ass niggas." I heard Kaliyah in the background.

Yeah, I'm finna kill niggas today the fuck.

"Stop crying man," I sighed cause it was only gone make me more angry, "I'm finna leave out."

I walked downstairs and seen my mama was still sitting back looking dumb as hell.

"I gotta go, so we can finish this another time, I really don't care if we don't at this point. Come on." I looked at my mama.

"Who you talking to?" I heard Azura on the phone.

"My mama." I said.

She made a face and stood up, "The hell you gotta do?"

"I gotta handle some shit, and you can't stay here right now." I told her.

She sighed, grabbing her things. We left out and I locked the door behind us. She walked over to her car not even saying nothing to me before pulling off.

I got in the car and my phone automatically connected to the bluetooth. Azura was still on the phone but she wasn't saying anything.

"Stink you good? I'm on my way now." I sighed in frustration.

"Yeah, I'm tryna calm down." She sighed, "Hold on, my mama calling back now."

"Alright." I said and she hung up.

I pulled off and called Saint, Rah, and Ro letting them know what happened, and to meet me.

🌚
thoughts?
ideas?