Chapter Three: Ella

Jennie's POV

After admiring my daughter's face, I decided to cook lunch. I'll just make a kimchi fried rice. I prepared the ingredients and started to cook. I listen to music as I cook when suddenly, Lisa's face pops up in my head again.

Gosh! I need to stop thinking about the person who doesn't even exist!

I just continue to cook and tried to stop thinking about her. Minutes past and I heard little footsteps going down the stairs. Ella is awake.

Now I'm nervous! What should I tell her? How do I approach her? Is she afraid of me?

"Auntie Jisoo! Aunt Rosie! Where are you?" I heard my baby shouts.

My heart is literally beating so fast right now.

I wait for Ella to reach the dinning and when she saw me, she got shocked.

"Mo-mommy?" She hesitantly said.

"Yes baby, its mommy." I said and smiled.

"You're back." She smiled.

"Did you miss mommy?" I ask.

She slowly nodded and ask.
"Mommy, are you still angry at me?"

"Come here."

She slowly walks towards me looking down. I kneel in front of her and raise her chin.

"Mommy is not angry, Ella."

"Really mommy?" She happily asks.

"Yes, can Ella forgive mommy for being bad?"

"Mommy you are not bad and I'm not angry at you." Ella said.

"Really? Can I hug you then?"

She nodded and hug me. I hug her really tight. I kiss her forehead and I suddenly hear her crying, I got worried.

"Why are you crying?" I worriedly ask.

"Because you hug me, mommy. I always want you to hug me, like what you do to Naeun, you hug her but you never hug me."

I'm really a bad mom.

"Sorry Ella, mommy promise to hug you always." I said.

"Promise?"

"Promise." I said and kiss her cheeks.

"Mommy." She called me.

"Yes baby?"

"I love you."

I smiled at what she said.

"I love you too Ella. Mommy loves you." I said.

I thought it would be hard for me to ask Ella to forgive me, but it was easy, my baby girl is not even angry to me. She should be angry at me for not being the best mother.

"Are you hungry Ella?" I ask.

"Yes mommy." She said.

"I cooked kimchi fried rice, is that okay?" I ask.

"Yes mommy, finally I can taste the food that you cook." She said and giggled.

"Don't worry baby, mommy will cook for Ella every day."

"Really mommy? Won't you get tired?"

"It's okay, mommy won't get tired, what I want to see is my baby smiling." I said as I put food on her plate.

"I want to see you smile too mommy. You look scary when you look so serious." She said.

"Are scared at mommy?" I ask.

"Yes, because you always get angry at me." Ella honestly said.

I feel so sorry, I always get angry at her and I always scold her even she's not doing anything bad at all.

"Sorry baby, I won't get angry at you anymore. Can you forgive me?" I ask.

"Yes mommy. I always forgive you." She said that made me smile.

We eat our lunch and she tells me a lot of stories and I just listen to everything she'd say.

"Do you want to eat some ice cream?" I ask.

"Yes mommy! Milk ice cream please."

"Milk flavor ice cream is my baby's fave too?" I ask.

"Yes mommy!"

Wow, I do have a lot in common with my daughter.

"Okay then, I'll bring you to my favorite ice parlor then we need to go grocery shopping." I said.

"Okay mommy." She said.

I help her with changing her clothes and I put an ear headband.

I told her to wait for me in the living room, I go into my room and change into comfortable clothes

I let my hair down and I headed towards the living room.

"Ready to go my Ella?"

"Yes mommy! I'm so excited." She said and giggled.

I hold her hand as we left the penthouse. I press the ground floor and we waited for the elevator to reach there. After a minute, we finally reach the parking and I put Ella at the back seat. I walk around to ride on the driver seat.

I drive towards the ice cream parlor near our penthouse and I help Ella going down when we reach the place.

"Mommy I want milk ice cream with sprinkles please." Ella said as we head in.

I laugh and nodded.

"Good afternoon miss. What can I get you?" The lady asks.

"Two milk ice cream please one with sprinkles." I said.

I paid for it then she gave me the ice cream. Me and Ella sat near the window and I let her enjoy eating her ice cream.

I admire her pretty face and I silently thank my dream for making me realize that I should take care of my daughter.

After eating, I now drive towards the grocery store.

"Mommy, can we buy a bar of chocolate please." Ella said.

"Okay, but only one." I said.

"Yey!" She shouted and run away to get a chocolate.

I see myself in Ella when she shouted yey, I always say that, back then until now. Guess that my daughter adopted that.

-

Edited.