Chapter Forty-One: What if?

Lisa's POV

Night came and every one of us are all in their own room to rest. After I freshen up, I walk towards the bed and lay down beside Ella. She cried when we got home earlier from the station, she thought I left and not coming back.

"Dada.." Ella suddenly called me.

"I thought your sleeping already." I said.

"I can't sleep dada, I miss mommy." She said in a whisper.

I look at her and there are tears who wanted to fall down from her eyes. I sat down and made her sat in front of me.

"Princess, don't cry, please. Your mommy won't like it if she sees you crying." I said.

"When will be mommy home?" She asks.

"Soon princess, mommy just, just need to go somewhere for work. Okay?"

"Okay, can't we call her? I want to say good night to mommy. Please." She begged.

"Sorry princess, we can't." I said and she looks down.

I hate lying to her.

"Don't be sad, we should sleep now, maybe when we wake up tomorrow, mommy will be back." I said and smiled.

I hope so.

"But what if she's not yet here when I woke up?"

"Then you need to wait, can you do that?"

"Yes."

"Good, now sleep, don't worry too much okay." I said.

We lie down on the bed and Ella hug me and said good night. I greet her back and kiss her forehead.

I caress her hair and tears started to fall down from my eye.

Please be safe my Nini. I promise to get you no matter what happen. I miss you, we miss you. I hope you are safe, I love you my Nini.

The next day came and the chief called us again to go back to the station, so we left Rosie, Seulgi and the two kids at the penthouse and go back to the station.

Reaching the station, the chief was there waiting for us.

"We talk to two ladies and they are denying it, they said they head out that time because something came up, but they won't tell us what is it. " He said.

"Can we talk to them?" I ask.

"Yeah, but I need to be there." He said and we nodded.

We all go into a room and saw Dahyun and Sana sitting down looking scared and worried. As they saw us, both of them stand up.

"Lisa
Unnie." Sana and Dahyun said at the same time.

"Where's Jennie? Where did you bring her? Huh?" Jisoo unnie aggressively asks.

"Hey, we'll talk this seriously l, no need to be like that Jisoo, we still don't know if they are really innocent." Irene unnie said.

Jisoo unnie sigh and nodded. We sat down facing them.

"Okay, I'll ask you questions and you need to answer it properly. No lies, only the truth." Chief said and we nodded.

"Sana, Dahyun, are you girls close to them?"

"I'm only close to Lisa because we had a thing in the past." Sana said and I rolled my eyes.

"I am close to the three of them, even to Jennie unnie." Dahyun said.

"Dahyun, how are you close to Lisa?"

"She's the best friend of my brother which is Jennie unnie's ex." Dahyun said and the chief nodded.

"Okay, can you tell us why were you at the restaurant and why did you leave immediately after the call?"

"We were there to eat, of course, the one I talked too on the phone was my brother's personal nurse. My brother has an illness, a life-limiting illness."

"If he has that kind of illness, he should be at the hospital." The chief said.

"Yeah I know, but he forces me to let him go home after he talked to Jennie unnie and Lisa. He said he'll just wait his time at home."

" What did the three of you talked about Ms. Manoban?" The Chief asks.

"We went to the hospital coz Dahyun said that my best friend is finding the both of us. He told us his life is near to an end and he just wanted to say sorry and to catch up with the both of us, he was even happy when he knew that me and Jennie are a thing." I said.

We fell into silence. The chief is in deep thoughts.

"Dahyun, what did your brother's nurse told you?" He asks all of a sudden.

"She told me that my brother was lost, she was just getting him water and when she came back to the bedroom he wasn't there anymore. That's why we were so worried when we left." Dahyun said.

What?

"Does he act weird in the past days?"

"Yeah, he is always on the phone even though he is not allowed to use gadgets."

"Okay, I'll ask you Sana, Ms. Manoban said that you and Ms. Jennie Kim had a fight at the amusement park months ago. Why were you there and just pop out, out of nowhere?"

"I wasn't supposed to bother Lisa anymore, promise. But I lost in a bet with my friends and they challenge me to get back with her. I was at the amusement park with my friends, they saw Lisa with Jennie, that's when they pushed me to try to get Lisa back, so I just agreed for fun and it was scary to have a fight with Jennie, especially when she claimed Lisa as hers. I already did move on, with Lisa already. I don't have any reason to kidnap her or anything." Sana explained.

"Okay, Dahyun, have you found your brother yet?"

"No, I don't know where he is."

"Are you believing what these two are saying?" Chief asks us.

"I believe in Dahyun, I know her, she won't do any crime. She's a Church girl." Jisoo unnie said and Irene unnie agreed.

"What about in Sana?"

"I don't know, we really don't know her." Irene unnie said.

"I believe in her, she's my ex and I know that she won't do anything that will make her put behind bars." I said.

"Okay, we'll investigate more. Before we end, I have a question."

We look at him.

"What if Dahyun's brother is the mastermind of all of these?"

-

Edited.