Chapter Forty: Are They?

Lisa's POV

Two days had past and we still can't find Jennie. I don't know what to think anymore, what to feel nor what to do. I don't know what to say to Ella about her mommy.

We can't tell her that her mommy is lost or she'll just cry her eyes out.

"Lisayah, your crying again." I heard Jisoo unnie said.

I wipe off my tears before speaking.

"Sorry unnie, I don't know what to say anymore to Ella, and I am so worried about Jennie. Don't they have any leads yet?"

"Lisa, we are worried about her, but please don't stress yourself too much, it's bad for you. And... they don't have any lead yet, still blank." Unnie said.

"Where could she be?"

"I don't know Lisayah, let's just wish she's alright. We get through these." She said and I nodded.

Hours passed and I just stare blankly at the walls. Suddenly, Irene unnie's phone rang.

"It's the chief." She said that made all of us be attentive.

"Put it in a loudspeaker." Jisoo unnie said.

Irene unnie answered it and put it on a speaker.

I: Hello Chief
C: Hello, can you please go here to the station? We have a lead about Ms. Kim's case.
I: Yeah, we'll be there in ten minutes. Thank Chief.
C: Welcome Ms. Bae

She ended the call and I stand up.

"I'll come with you unnie." I said.

I badly wanted to know what happens to Jennie.

"Me too." Jisoo unnie said.

"Okay, Seulgi, stay here with Rosie. Chaeng, is that okay for you to stay here?"

"Yes unnie, we'll just look after the kids, call us if you got the report. Please drive safely." Chaeng said and we nodded.

We left the penthouse and Irene unnie drive towards the station. We all go down the car in a hurry when we got there.

"Hi chief, I am the one you talked with on the phone and I suppose you remembered them." Unnie said.

The chief nodded and let us sit.

"So, we reviewed the CCTV and we got something. I'll let you see these." He said and got his laptop and played the video.

Jennie walks towards the restroom and before she could go in, a man put his hand on her mouth. He looks around and makes sure no one was looking, then he quickly go out of the restaurant using the fire exit near the restroom.

F*ck these man! How dare he kidnaps my Jennie!

"Is there any footage of the man leaving with my sister after going out?" Jisoo unnie softly asks.

"Yes, here."

There was a car waiting for the man and he put an unconscious Jennie in the car.

What the hell! Does she make Jennie smell something for her to be unconscious?

"Before showing you girls another footage, I'll ask you something." The chief said.

"Does anyone wanted to kill her or kidnap her? Does she have any opponents?" He asks seriously.

"No, she doesn't have any opponents in her work or life." Irene unnie said and I agreed.

"Okay, do you girls know him?" He asks and showed a picture of a man that looks familiar to me.

"No, who is he?" Jisoo unnie said.

"He was the one who kidnapped Ms. Kim." He directly said.

"Me and Jennie saw him." I said.

They look at me.

"Could you please elaborate more? Maybe it can help up for these." He said and I nodded.

On the day that I am moving in with Jennie, we drop by the grocery store and when we were done, we walk out of the store. He bumps into her, he just said sorry and left." I said.

The chief nodded.

"That's pretty suspicious. Are there more?"

"Yeah, me, Jisoo unnie, Rosie and two kids were at the park. Then she looks so bothered, I ask her what's bothering her. She told me she saw the man who bumps into her at the grocery store, so I look around to find him but I can't. I just told her not to worry about that coz he might just be there too, to spend his time with his family." I said.

The chief again nod. He writes something on his notes before getting another paper. He showed us a picture again.

"Do you girls know these two?"

It was a picture of Dahyun and Sana. Okay, how do these two get involve?

"We know them." Said Irene unnie.

"These is Dahyun, she's the sister of Jennie's ex-boyfriend, then these one, uhmm.. she's her ex." Unnie said and point at me.

"Does Ms. Kim and your ex had an encounter before?" He asks and I nodded.

"It was months ago, me and Jennie were at the amusement park then Sana, suddenly appear, they had a well, like a fight?"

"Okay, I will let you see the footage to judge." He said and we nodded.

He played the footage, me, Jisoo unnie and Chaeng are waiting for Jennie. As I walk towards the restroom to look for her, Dahyun talked to someone on her phone. She seems worried or shock. When I go back to our table, Dahyun talked to Sana. They both look so afraid. Jisoo unnie left to talk to the manager, Dahyun and Sana left in a hurry.

"Oh gosh!" Irene unnie reacted.

"Are you suspecting them?" Jisoo unnie asks.

"Yeah, we are still checking the both of them, they look pretty suspicious. We will talk to both of them, we'll tell you about it."

F*ck! Why would they even do that?

I dazed off while they were talking. I got back in my senses when Jisoo unnie called me.

"Let's go now Lisayah, we are heading home." She said and I nodded.

We left and go back to Kim's Condominium in silence.

Are they the suspects?

-

Edited.