Chapter Twenty-One: Awkward Day

Lisa's POV

Yesterday is surely shocking. First about Sana calling me, then Jennie's sweet gestures, the holding hands, her words. Sana showing up, Sana and Jennie's intense fight. Sana wanting me back. Then the most shocking one, Jennie claiming me as hers.

Ahhh!! I don't know anymore!

After Jennie said that yesterday, she just pulled me away and ride the car. She drives and no one dared to talk. She drop me off my apartment and I only said thank you before going out. When I head in my apartment, I literally shouted.

Now I am preparing for work and I don't know how to face Jennie.

My phone suddenly rings and it was Chaeng.

C: Hello, Lisayah I'm already outside of your apartment.
L: Okay, I'll be on my way out.

I hung up and walk out of my apartment. I ride Chaeng's car and she greeted me a good morning.

"Morning too Rosie." I greeted back.

"How was your day yesterday?" She asks.

"Shocking. Many things happened yesterday " I said.

"Huh? Care to share my dear cousin?" She asks.

I sigh and started to tell the story starts where I go to Jennie's penthouse until she drops me off my apartment. Rosie didn't cut me off and she listens well.

"Woah! Jennie unnie claimed you as hers!" Rosie excitedly said.
1

"Yeah, and I don't know how to face her right now." I said and sigh.

"Don't worry, I think that was also Jennie unnie worrying about too right now." Chaeng said and park her car.

Gosh! We are here already! What should I do? I just wanna go home and hide huhu.

"Yah! Come out now!"

I slowly go down the car and Chaeng pulled me inside the building.

"Yah! Don't pull me!" I complained.

"You're too slow. We need to hurry." She said.

I just let her pull me and when we get to our floor, I checked if Jennie was there but she's still not here.

I sat down on my chair and try to distract myself. I look at Jennie's sched and she has a meeting in thirty minutes.

I heard footsteps and I'm sure it's Jennie. Oh gosh! What should I do?

Okay, just focus on your work first Lisayah. Inhale. exhale. You can do this.

"Good morning." I casually greeted her.

"Morning, what is my schedule for today?" She asks.

"You have a meeting in thirty minutes with the marketing department team, then you have some emails to check. That's all, your day is not that tight or hectic." I said.

"Okay, can you please tell the marketing team to go to the meeting room already? The earlier we start the better." She said and I nodded.

She then goes to her office. Oh gosh! That was awkward! This is not our normal day!

I contact the head marketing to go to the conference room already and prepare coz the boss wants to start the meeting early.

Ten minutes had passed, they contact me back and said they are ready now. I knock on the door and waited for Jennie to come in.

"Come in!"

"Uhm, they are at the meeting room already, they are ready." I said.

"Okay, let's go." She said and pass by me.

Ugh! We wouldn't be like these if Sana didn't show up! Jennie is treating me differently from how she treats me all the time. I just sigh and followed her.

"Good morning everyone. Sorry for letting you do these more early. Let's start." Jennie said and sat.

They then started the meeting and I took down important notes. After an hour, the meeting was done.

Jennie is in her office doing her work and here I am at my desk checking some important emails. I didn't mind the time until Chaeng walks towards my desk and said we'll eat lunch.

"Are we going too...."

"Nope, they won't eat lunch with us." Chaeng said and I nodded.

Good, I don't think being in the same table or place with Jennie is super awkward.

"Let's go." Chaeng said and pulled me towards the elevator.

It was about to close but I stop it when I heard Jisoo unnie to wait. The two Kims then entered the elevator and I can feel the awkwardness.

"Hi Lisayah!" Unnie greeted.

"Hi Unnie!" I greeted back.

Jisoo unnie ask Chaeng a question and I look at Jennie, I caught her looking at me. We both look at other ways to avoid eye contact.

Gosh Jennie! Stop making my heart beat so fast!

I suddenly felt Chaeng pulling me again.

"Yah! I can walk you know! You've been pulling me since this morning!" I complained.

"You're walking slow! I'm hungry already! I wanna eat!" She said and rolled eyes at me.

"Yah! Did you just roll your eyes at me? I'll tell umma you're being bad." I said.

"Go then, she won't scold me anyway, she'll just scold you and tell that you are the reason why I'm that way." Yeah right, she's right.

"Ugh! Okay! Let's go! I'll treat you lunch! Just don't order much." I said and Rosie jumps out of excitement.

I just hope when I come back to the office, there will be no more awkward surroundings. I'm not used to it, it feels like I am back on the first day I met my boss.

Can someone help me?

-

Edited.