Chapter Twelve: Great day

Lisa's POV

"Pokpak! Someone called a while ago!" I heard my little brother shout.

"Who was that Bambam?" I ask.

After Jennie drop me off yesterday, I got shocked seeing Bambam at the restaurant too. He said that Unnie fetches him at his work. Last night's talk was bad and okay too. We agreed on Unnie, she wants to bring Appa to America to be better. We were worried about the money, how can we pay the hospital bill and all, Unnie said not to worry, her husband will help us. We are so thankful to Unnie's husband, he's been so kind. After dinner, I told Bambam to stay at my apartment and just go back home the next day and he agreed.

"Uhm, Miss Jennie? I answered it and she was looking for you." Bam said as I walk out of my room.

Jennie? Why would she call me? Ow, maybe about the email that I sent to Mr. Yang's assistance. I should probably call her back.

I get my phone and dialed her number. Many rings have past and she still hasn't answered it yet. I was about to end the call when someone talks.

J: Hello?
L: Hello Ms. Jennie.
J: How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me with that Ms. when we don't have any work.
L: Right. Sorry, did you call about the email I sent to Mr. Yang's assistant? If they responded yet?
J: Ani, let's talk about that on Monday. Uhm, are you going somewhere today? Are you busy?
L: Nope, I'm not busy and I'm not going anywhere.
J: Okay, can I ask you a favor, if that's alright.
L: Yeah sure, anything.
J: Well, Ella is upset, me and Jisoo unnie already done everything that can make her happy, but still she's upset. I don't know what to do and then unnie suggested if you can come here and play with Ella, since she likes playing with you.
L: Okay, I'll go there. Maybe after lunch, is that okay?
J: Are you sure? You know you can say no, you don't really have to do these. You can spend your day with your boyfriend.
L: Boyfriend?
J: The man who answered my call a while ago?
L: Oh that was my brother.
J: Ow right. Uhm, so I'll see you after lunch?
L: Yeah, see you bye.

After hanging up, I look at Bam.

"Let's eat lunch outside and then you can go back home to Busan." I said.

"Okay." He said.

I walk back to my room and change into casual clothes.

I got my phone, wallet, and house key and put it on my bag

I got my phone, wallet, and house key and put it on my bag. I exited my room and go out of the apartment with Bambam. We go to the eatery where I always eat my dinner before heading home. After eating, we hailed a cab and I told the driver to drop me off the Kim's Condominium and drop off my brother to the subway station. As we reach my destination, I bid my goodbye to my brother and paid the driver. I got my phone and texted Jennie.

To: Ms. Jennie
I'm now here, I'll go up there.

After sending it, I go to the elevator and pressed the number 35. I waited for near ten minutes before I got up to the floor. I pressed the doorbell and it was immediately opened.

"Hi monkey." It was Jisoo unnie.

"Hi unnie." I greeted back.

"Come in."

I go in and saw Ella watching TV. I look around and never saw Jennie.

"Finding my sister? She just goes to her bedroom and gets something." Jisoo unnie said and nodded.

"Ella, look who's here." Jisoo unnie added as we walk towards her.

"Lisa unnie!" She excitedly said and run towards me.

"Hi princess!" I said and carried her.

"I missed you unnie."

"Missed you too, are you okay now? Are you still sick?" I ask.

"I'm okay now unnie, mommy took good care of me." She said.

"That's good to know." I said.

"Ow, you're here already." I heard someone said from behind.

I turn around and saw a  beautiful angel going down the stairs.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi, thanks for coming. You already made Ella happy, she just saw and she's now smiling." Jennie said and gave me her famous gummy smile.

"Your welcome." I said.

"Jenduek, I'll be going now." Jisoo unnie said.

"I thought you'll stay?" Jennie asks and frowns.

"Yeah, I know, but Irene unnie wants me to come with her somewhere, I was supposed to decline but th-." She was cut off.

"But then the chickens made you go with Unnie. Yeah I know that." Jennie said and rolled her eyes as unnie giggled.

"Miahe my Jenduek! Bye! Bye Lisayah! Bye little Mandu! Have fun." Unnie said and left.

As she left, the awkward silence was our atmosphere. Okay, should I talk? I don't even know how to start a conversation.

"Mommy, can we go to the park with Lisa Unnie. Please?" Ella suddenly said.

"Of course baby girl, if that makes you happy. Is that fine Lisa?" Jennie said and look at me.

"Yeah, if that what my princess wants then we'll go there." I said and tickled Ella.

She giggled and her laughter echoes around the penthouse.

"We should freshen up now Ella." Jennie said.

I put Ella down and she runs upstairs.

"Ella! Don't run! You might fall!" Jennie shouted.

"Sorry mommy!" Ella shouted back.

"Hey, thank you again for coming. I know you should be resting but I disturbed you." Jennie said.

"It's okay, you didn't disturb me." I said and smiled.

"Can you wait here for a while? I'll just change and freshen up Ella." She said and I nodded.

"Okay, thanks!" She said and walk up the stairs.

I sat down on the couch and admire their home. I look at Jennie and Ella's photo on the wall and smiled.

What a great day ahead!

-

Edited.