Chapter Twenty-Nine: Sick

Jennie's POV

I am here inside my office still waiting for Lisa who hasn't arrived yet.

Two weeks had past and Lisa started to court me since then. She always gives me flowers. Invite me on dates. To go out with Ella and hang out. She's really sweet and caring.

She acts like a real dad to Ella. When we had a picnic date with Ella last Saturday, Ella trip that causes a scar on her knee, she cried and I can't calm her down, Lisa then make something to get Ella calm down and stop from crying.

"Mommy, when will Lisa unnie come?" Ella ask.

"Let's just wait for a while." I said.

It's nearly nine in the morning but Lisa hasn't come yet. She always comes first before me. Maybe she just woke up late and she's still on her way here.

I got my phone and texted her.

To: Lili
Hey Lili, good morning! Where are you? I'm now here at the office, come quick, Ella is waiting for you.

After sending my text, I grab my laptop and started to check some emails and check my schedule for today. Good, nothing to do much.

I started to read some proposals and I stop when someone knocks on the door, maybe it's Lisa already.

"Come in!" I shouted.

The person opened the door and I got disappointed when Rosie comes in.

"Hey Unnie, Jichu said to give these to you." She said.

"Ow, thanks Rosie. By the way, have you seen Lisa already? She's not yet here." I said.

"Not yet, I thought she was here already."

"Not yet, I texted her but she hasn't replied to my texts." I said.

"Maybe she got stuck in the traffic, don't worry. I'll go ahead now." Rosie said and I nodded.

She left and I grab my phone and tried to call Lisa but she didn't answer. I called her many times but she didn't answer again.

Gosh! Where is Lili? I'm worried now. What if something bad happens to her? Oh no! Gosh! Jennie! Stop thinking something like that! Maybe she's just sick.

Right! Maybe she is sick.

I was about to call Lisa again but Rosie barge in my office.

"Hey unnie, I know why Lisa isn't here yet." She said.

"Why?"

"She's sick." Rosie said.

"What? Why didn't she told me?"

"She doesn't want you to worry."

"I'll still worry if she didn't tell me. I'll go there, could you please look after Ella first? Then can you tell unnie to continue reading these proposals?"

"Yeah sure unnie, here's the key to Lisa's apartment. Take care." Rosie said.

I grab my bag and we all exited my office.

"Mommy can I come please?" 

"Sorry baby, not now okay? Stay with Auntie Rosie first." I said.

"Okay, take care mommy, kiss Lisa unnie for me." Ella said and I smiled.

I bid my goodbye and left. I drive towards Lisa's apartment and I reach her place immediately. I parked my car and goy the keys Rosie gave me. I unlock her door and go in.

Her apartment is pretty messy. Okay, now I have to look for Lisa's room. I walk down the hallway and saw three doors. Maybe the middle one was Lisa's room. I slowly opened it and saw her sleeping figure lying down on her bed.

My poor Lili is sick!

I walk towards her bed and put my palm on her forehead. Gosh! She's hot! What I mean about hot is that her temperature is surely hot.

I fix her covers and go out of her toom to go towards her kitchen. I look for something to cook but ramen is only what I saw. Aish! I told her to stop eating ramen all the time!

I go out of her apartment and head towards the nearest grocery store near her place. I bought some groceries and after I paid, I go back to Lili's place.

I cooked some chicken soup and I brought it to her room to feed her.

"Lili, wake up." I said and said beside her.

"Lili, wake up, you need to eat and drink your medicine after." I said again and slowly shake her.

She moves and slowly opens her eyes.

"Nini? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to take care of you, get up now." I said and help her to get up.

"You don't need to take care of me, I can handle myself." Lisa said.

"Yeah right, you can handle yourself by eating ramen and sleeping." I said with sarcasm.

She didn't say anything and I feed here with the soup I made, I make sure that it's not that hot.

After feeding her, I let her drink her medicine and I help her change her shirt. Then I told her to rest.

"Nini, can you please lay down here beside me?" Lisa said.

"Okay."

She smiled as I lay down beside her. She hugs me and puts her head on my chest. What a baby.

"Thank you Nini."

"Welcome Lili, next time tell me if you're sick. You made me worry, you weren't answering my texts and calls." I said.

"Sorry Nini, I promise I won't do that again." She said and played with my fingers.

"Hmm, rest now Lili."

"Okay, Nini."

"Yes?"

"I love you."

I smiled.

"I love you too Lili."

I look at my Lili as she slowly drifts off to slumber.

-

Edited.