Chapter Twenty-Three: Rooftop

Jennie's POV

I just got home after I drop off Ella at Chaeng's. Ella and Naeun wanted to have a sleepover at Chaeng's place so I let Ella so she won't be lonely in playing. Reaching my room, I plop down in my bed and stare at the ceiling.

In the past few days that me and Lisa became formal to each other, I always find our bonding, our time together, and the way she cares about me. I miss spending time with my Lili.

I wanted to tell her what I feel but I know she does not like me back, so I'll just keep it to myself and won't tell her I like her no- love her.

I sigh and look at the time. It's just seven in the evening, time for dinner but I don't want to eat. I'll just sleep.

I stand up and go to the bathroom to freshen up. After doing my bathroom business, I wear my sleeping clothes and go to my bed and ready to sleep.

As I close my eyes, I saw Lisa's face.

Ugh! Not again! Her face just kept on flashing in my mind that it makes me hard to sleep. What are you doing to me Lisayah!

I tried not to think of Lisa and try to sleep but my phone keeps on ringing. I did not mind it and try to sleep. It just keeps on ringing and ringing and I answered it for the person who called me to shut up.

J: WHAT?!
?: Aw! Jenduek! Don't shout! And why aren't you answering my calls immediately? I called you six times already!
J: Ugh! Irene unnie, let me sleep! I just wanna rest.
I: It's early for you to sleep. Did you already even eat dinner?
J: Not yet, why did you call?
I: See! Eat dinner first before going to sleep! Come up here at the rooftop.
J: Why?
I: Just come here, I am here alone, I just want to admire the city.
J: I don't want to go up there unnie, just go here, you can see the city light from here.
I: No! I also want to feel tge breeze. Just come here and let's talk. I will call Jisoo to go here too. Okay?
J: Fine!

I hung up my phone and wear my slippers. I didn't mind to change and walk out of my penthouse and ride the elevator. I reach the last floor and I still need to walk up the stairs to reach the rooftop of Kim's Condominium.

The door from the rooftop is being locked from the inside, not from the outside. I opened the door and put a chair so it won't close and we won't be trap here at the rooftop. As I go out, I felt the cold breeze of the wind.

It's cold!

In the middle of the rooftop, there is a little room where the power of the building is located, beside the room where I got out, there is a little space on the left side. I walk towards there and check if Irene unnie is here.

I got my phone and texted her.

To: Irene Unnue
Unnie, I'm already here. Where are you?

After sending the text, I look up the sky and look at the sky. The stars around the moon look so beautiful.

I just admire the stars when I suddenly heard a thud that made me startled.

Oh no! Was the door got closed?

I run towards the door and saw it closed and I try to open it but it was lock already. No! I don't want to be trap here!

I knock on the door and said.
"Hey! Someone is here outside! Please open the door!"

I kept on knocking and knocking and knocking but no came to unlock it.

I got my phone and dialed Irene unnie's number it's out of coverage area. I dialed Jisoo unnie's number and she was not answering.

"HELP!" I shouted.

I suddenly heard footsteps, but it was not from the inside, it was from my back, oh my gosh! My heart was suddenly beating so fast and I am nervous! Who might this person be?

Lisa's POV

I was eating my dinner at the eatery when Chaeng called.

L: Yes chipmunk?
C: He- hello Lisa
L: Are you crying? What happen? Are you okay?
C: Lisa, I had a huge fight with Jisoo. I-I don't know what to do, she's so angry at me.
L: Huh? Why? Where are you?
C: Just come here at the Kim's  condominium rooftop. I am here, I'll explain when you got here.
L: Okay, don't do anything that will hurt you okay? I'll be there as quickly as possible.

I end up the call left the eatery, I hailed a cab and told the driver to go to Kim's Condominium quick. As we reach our destination, I paid him and go into the building quickly.

Going into the elevator, I press the button of the highest button. I patiently waited and I finally got out of the elevator. I run up the stairs and go out making sure not to get the door close.

As I go out, I look around, I walk towards pass by the room in the middle at going to the corner right side of the rooftop. I got my phone and texted Rosie.

To: Chipmunk
Where are you? I'm here.

From: Chipmunk
Hey, sorry for making you go up there, I am now with Jisoo, we go back to her condo to talk about our problem.

To: Chipmunk
It's okay, tell me if something bad happens

After sending my text, I heard a thud but I didn't mind it. I look up the stars and remember how me and Jennie interact these days. I miss spending time with my Nini.

"HELP!" Someone shouted.

I walk around and saw someone at the door as I go near, I know who these it. I am sure it is her.

I touch her shoulder slowly but I got shocked on what she did.

-

Edited.