Chapter Fifteen: Alone

Jennie's POV

Everyone is ignoring me today, even Ella ignored me. She didn't greet me a good morning nor a happy birthday. I was so hurt, I mean, these would be the first birthday that I can celebrate it with Ella. But she ignored me. I was about not to go to work, I just want to spend my day with Ella, but she said that she wanted to go with Irene unnie so I let her.

Irene unnie greeted me a happy birthday and that's it. Same with Jisoo unnie, Chaeng, and even Lisa.

I was expecting a fun celebration with them but they are ignoring me. I just lock up myself here in the office and do nothing. I need to do some reports but I am lazy to that now. I just want to head home and sleep.

As I play with the pen, I received a text. I immediately read it.

From: Uncle
Hi Ruby Jane! I just want to greet you a happy birthday! Have a great day ahead. Enjoy your day sweetheart.

To: Uncle
Thanks uncle.

I put my phone down and sigh. At least my uncle gave me a birthday message.

I'll just go home and celebrate my birthday alone. I started to gather up my thing and head out of the office.

"Lisa, you can go home, I'll just go home too." I said and walk towards the elevator.

"Wait!" She stops me.

"Why?" I ask.

"Aren't you going to celebrate your birthday? Eat outside and all?"

"They are all ignoring me. How can I celebrate it? Even my daughter didn't want to go with me on my birthday. I'll just celebrate it with the bed. I'll just sleep." I said and my eyes are now watery.

"Hey, don't cry. It's your birthday, you should smile." She said.

"There's no use of smiling if I am alone on my birthday." I said.

"Well, if you want I can go with you. If you just want. We'll go to the places you wanted to go."

"You'll do that?" I ask.

"If that what makes my Nini smile." She said that made me blush.

"You'll really do that?" I ask again for assurance.

"Yes."

"Thank you. Let's go?" I said and smiled.

"Okay, I'll just get my things." She said.

After getting her things, we head out of the building and ride my car.

"Where are we going?" I ask her.

"I don't know, where do you wanna go?" Lisa asks back.

I look at the time and saw that it was nearly lunch.

"How about let's have lunch?" I ask.

"Yeah sure, if that what's you want." Lisa said and i nodded.

I started to drive towards the restaurant I like to eat a lot and where I always go on my birthdays with my family. As we reach our destination, I immediately park my car. We go down and head in.

"Jennie, dear! How are you?" I heard Ms. Choi said, the owner.

"Hi Ms. Choi, I'm good." I said.

"Good thing to hear that. By the way, happy birthday dear." She said.

"Thanks, Ms. Choi, I'll order the same thing I always order." I said.

"Okay, how about her?" Ms. Choi asks as she points to Lisa.

I look at Lisa and ask her what she wanted. After telling our orders, we sat near a window.

"Lisayah."

"Hmm?"

"Thank you." I said.

"Welcome Nini." She said that made me blush again.

"Yah! Stop calling me Nini." I said.

"Wae? It's cute." She said and giggled.

I was about to say something when our food comes. We started to eat and talk about some things randomly.

I'm a little bit happy now. At least Lisa is here to accompany me. But it would be better if everyone is here.

"Hey, Nini. Your spacing out." I heard Lisa said.

"Huh? Uh, sorry. Were you saying something?"

"I was asking if you want to grab some ice cream."

"Yeah sure." I said.

"Okay, finish your food." She said and I nodded.

Lisa is done and I'm still not. I continued to eat and Lisa is busy texting someone on her phone. Maybe it's Bambam or her umma.

"I'm done." I said.

"Okay, let's go."

We head out and ride the car. I drive towards the ice cream parlor that is near the park. As we reach the ice cream parlor, Lisa told me to just wait at the park and I agreed.

I sat at the same picnic table where we sat the last time we got here. I grab my phone and tried to call Jisoo unnie but she was not answering. I tried to call Irene unnie and she answered.

I: Hello Jennie. Do you need anything?
J: Hi unnie, I just want to ask if how is Ella.
I: She's good, she's playing with Naeun right now.
J: Ow, your with Rosè?
I: Yes, I'm with Seulgi and Jisoo unnie too.
J: Ah, okay. Where are you?
I: At a restaurant, we are having our lunch.
J: Ow, okay, I'll hang up now. Sorry for disturbing you.

I didn't let her talk and I hung up immediately. They are having lunch without me.

Haist, these things are upsetting me so damn much.

"Hey, why are you sad again?" I heard Lisa said.

"Nothing." I said.

"You sure? Here is your ice cream."

I get my ice cream and started to eat it. As we eat silently, Lisa's phone suddenly rings.

"I'll just answer these." She said and I nodded.

She stands up and walks a little bit far. I just continue to eat my ice cream and waited for Lisa to come back. A waited for some minutes and Lisa is not yet back. I look where she was standing a while ago but she wasn't there anymore.

Huh? Where did she go?

As I look around, my phone vibrates. I get it and I received a text from Lisa.

From: Lisa
Hey Jen, sorry I left, I just have some emergency. Sorry if I didn't tell you personally.

To: Lisa
Ow, okay. It's okay. Thank you for accompanying me.

After sending the text I sigh. Now I'm alone. I just want to be with everyone celebrating my birthday.

-

Edited.