Chapter 1

Present Day

Nessa

I am lying in a warm relaxing bath, trying to soak off the tension of the last week. The bubbles envelope my tired shoulders and the smell of lavender permeates the room. I'm just starting to relax when my phone starts to ring, I dry my hand off on the towel next to the bath and grab my phone, the caller ID says it my older brother Angus.

"This better be good Angus!"

"Yo Nessa I need a favor, I know it's your day off, but we have some high-profile clients coming into the studio tonight, and it's all hands-on deck! Can you come in for a couple of hours? It will be great for business"

I own and run a tattoo studio with Angus and our younger brother Jude in Shoreditch. Our shop is called "Black Ink". Our family, the Blacks have been tattooing in East London for 2 generations. So while most people's parents were going to a normal 9 to 5 job, ours were tattooing decades before it was accepted like it is now.

Angus has been running the shop since my parents passed away in a car accident when I was 15, I joined him as soon as I turned 18, Jude a few years later. And with the rise in popularity of tattoos, business has been good.

I sit up fast, splashing the bath water all over the black and white checkerboard floor, "Angus It's my first day off in ages, can't you handle it? I was really looking forward to a night in, watching some bad reality TV. Who is the VIP client that is ruining my "me" time anyway?"

Of course, I am happy to go in to work and help out, but I at least have to look like I object, I can't make my brothers job too easy. Plus, I live in an apartment above the studio, so I just have to walk down the stairs

"It's Harry Styles, plus his band and crew. They are apparently just about to end a world tour and wanted to get some ink to commemorate it"

I argue a little then decide there is no point giving Angus a hard time, tell him I will be there later and ring off so I can get back to my bath.

I lie back down in the hot water, and think about what Angus said. I obviously know who Harry Styles is-I haven't been living under a rock for the last decade. He is a huge megastar, that started his career with the boy-band One Direction, but that he has subsequently built a successful solo career. I also read an article recently where they compared him to a young David Bowie, praising his song writing skills and stage presence. But I have to admit I don't know much about his music.

I decide to spend the next couple of hours cleaning my apartment and watching a movie before I have to be down stairs at the studio. I love my apartment, its quirky with a black varnished wooden floor, white walls, large windows and lots of art and pops of bright color.

I realize half an hour before I need to be at the studio that I should probably get ready as I am currently wearing old grey sweatpants and a vest

I realize half an hour before I need to be at the studio that I should probably get ready as I am currently wearing old grey sweatpants and a vest. I look in the mirror and try decide what to wear- My long auburn hair looks full and wavy after wearing it in a bun all day, so I decide to wear it down as it accentuates my pail skin, freckles and olive-green eyes.