Chapter 4

Nessa

I rush out the door, turn right down the small graffiti filled alleyway running next to the studio and quickly climb up the stairs before opening my front door. I slam it loudly before catching my breath and walking into the small kitchen.

I am not sure what just happened. I have never felt an immediate connection with anyone like that. Maybe it's just the "Harry Styles Effect" and everyone reacts to him like that. What I do know is that even if by any small chance he was interested in me, I am not getting involved with another artist or musician, struggling or world famous. I think back to 18 months ago when I walked in on my fiance Oliver, shagging my best friend Emma. I swore then that I wouldn't let another asshole man, lead singer, drummer, bassist or guitar player break my heart.

I make myself a cup of tea, put on my most comfortable pajamas and climb into my snug bed. I am sure I will feel better in the morning and this will just be a great story, the time I met Harry Styles.

I switch off the light and can hear the distant sound of music and chattering from the shop below. I am suddenly very aware, that Harry is probably still there, just a few meters away. I spend ages tossing and turning before falling in to a deep dream filled sleep, littered with the image of certain beautiful green-eyed boy.

The next morning, I wake up groggily to the sound of my alarm and immediately remember last night. I mainline some coffee and decide to go for a run to clear my head. I love Shoreditch and Brick Lane, and jogging through the area, passing the hustle and bustle and vibrant streets, I soon feel energized and ready for whatever life is going to throw at me.

I get home, shower, throw on some skinny jeans, a vintage Led Zeppelin t-shirt, a grungy checkered flannel shirt and some biker boots and head down to the studio.

I am met with some serious hangovers. Letty is of course already there, chipper and tidying up after last night's party while a very delicate Angus, is trying to feed the twins. Jude and Ravi are sitting on the couch feeling very sorry for themselves. My first client arrives and I don't have time to chat before I get going.

I finish working on the client's sleeve around lunchtime and finally have the opportunity to catch up with everyone else. They fill me in on the party and it seems things got pretty wild. They are all raving about Harry and Mitch and how much fun they are.

I am hoping we will be able to move on with our lives post Harry Styles soon, when Jude blurts out, "how come you left so fast? Harry wouldn't stop asking us about you".

I try to look nonchalant, but my heart is suddenly beating fast. Ravi chimes in (I think he is trying to save me from answering), that Harry has invited us all to his last concert date, and VIP after party. Everyone sounds pretty excited about it. I decide there and then I won't be going, but don't mention it.

As we are closing up for the day, I pick up my nephew Levi and lean against the desk, planning to catch up with Letty.

As I am making faces at the baby and trying to get him to laugh, Letty looks at me seriously and asks "I didn't want to say anything in front of the guys, but what was the deal last night? You left so quickly and I could be mistaken but I think Jude is right, Harry Styles seemed really taken with you".

I know I can't get away with anything but the truth with Letty so fill her in on the weird energy last night.

She listens to me intently before admonishing me. "You know Ness at some point you are going to have to get back out there, I am not saying it has to be serious or you have to marry the guy, but you are young, you're 28 and you should have a little fun".

I'm not sure what to reply, but she continues and says "Maybe nothing will happen with Harry but either way, I really think you should go to the party and have a little fun, and you know Angus and Jude won't stop nagging if you don't come".

She is right, so I change my mind and decide that I will probably join them, a concert would be cool, but that there is no way in hell anything will ever happen with Harry Styles.

Hi Everyone

Hope you are enjoying so far! Kind of scary to put something that you have been working on for a little while out there. But its so fun creating this.

Please vote, comment and keep on reading so I know you are out there!

J xxxxx