Chapter 47

Nessa

"What do you think of the placement" I ask Gemma, while looking at her questioningly. I am doing a small black peony tattoo on her ribcage and have just placed the transfer.

"That's the perfect spot Nessa" she agrees, looking in the mirror, lifting her t-shirt up to expose the area.

I take the opportunity to put my hands on my lower back and stretch.

"You okay?" Gemma asks.

"I'm great" I say smiling "Just getting in a good stretch before we start".

"I love your dress Ness-your tummy looks so cute in it" She says.

I am wearing a fitted nautical striped short t-shirt dress and black and white vans. My twin tummy at 20 weeks is really obvious now, although still on the small side according to the doctor.

"Thanks Gemma. I actually have hardly any clothes that fit, I keep on meaning to go get some maternity clothes and never get to it" I answer.

Gemma's face lights up and says excitedly "My mom is arriving for a few days tomorrow; I know she was dying to see you and the babies" She says while placing her hand on my tummy "Let's go shopping, the three of us? Please? We can get you some clothes and maybe pick up some goodies for the babies, especially now we know you are having girls".

We only found out the gender a couple of days ago, but decided to tell our families straight away.

"Um, that actually sounds kind of amazing. I would love too"

"Great. Ill chat to my mom and we can make a plan" Gemma says happily.

"Great. So, you know the deal, you jump up here and lie down and we will get started".

As I start the tattoo, we chat and Gemma tells me about her work at the moment and what she has been up to.

After a while, she asks me what I think she has wanted too since we started "So how are you really Ness? With the pregnancy, and um, my baby brother? After everything that happened in Italy?"

I raise my eyebrows at her and reply chuckling "Well don't beat around the bush or anything!".

She laughs but adds "Oh my gosh. So sorry. God I am so nosey, you don't have to answer".

"No, it's okay. I'm really excited about the pregnancy and as you know so is Harry. I'm really unsure about the other stuff though, I love spending time with him, and I find myself falling for him so easily. But I am still really confused about what happened in Italy, and his fame and the press really worry me. I know at some point they are going to find out about me and the babies, and I am so scared. Plus, I am emotional and hormonal which makes everything more intense" I tell her anxiously, because even though I am trying not to, I am worried. We have shared a kiss or two, but that's it and I still don't know how I actually feel.

Gemma takes it all in and says kindly "Oh Ness. I'm sorry it's so complicated, both because of the mistake he made but also all the baggage his fame brings. What I can say is I know he loves you and how much he regrets what he did, and he is such a good guy. I mean I know I have to say it because he is my brother, but he is kind and would do anything for you and I don't think I have ever seen him more excited".

His enthusiasm about the babies, especially since he found out that we are having girls is contagious. He hasn't stopped talking about 'his girls'.

I nod slowly at what Gemma has just told me but decide to change the subject "This is getting way to heavy Gem, let's take a quick break. I need to pee, again! And I'll let your baby bro know I'm going to go shopping with you and your mom"