Chapter 45

Nessa

I'm standing at the kitchen sink, absentmindedly washing some dishes, thinking about the babies and Harry. I have just reached the sixteen-week mark and everything is starting to feel a lot more real, including my tummy which is showing more now, although still relatively small considering I'm having twins. Plus, I need to pee literally all the time, at least the nausea has improved a bit, although not gone entirely.

Over the last month, Harry has called daily and visited every few days. He is really excited about the babies and is reading every baby book known to man. He is driving me crazy with birthing and pregnancy facts, although it is really endearing.

He is so great with the pregnancy and I find myself falling for him all over again. But then I remember what happened and I don't know if I can trust him or where we stand because we haven't talked about any of it.

I hear a knock at the door, and I'm pried away from my endless over thinking. Drying my hands on the pyjama shorts-I haven't managed to get dressed yet today, I open the door to Harry, standing with a grin on his face, and carrying a large box.

"Hey" I greet him, "Did we make a plan to hang today? Pregnancy brain has me forgetting everything".

"Nah, I was just on my way home from gym and I wanted to drop this off" He says smiling, walking past me into the kitchen.

He places the box on the counter and I walk towards him and peer in.

"It's a giant box of fresh fruit!" I state surprised.

He laughs and says "You said you were craving fruit last night".

"I meant an apple or banana, not the whole greengrocers" But I am smiling and I really appreciate his gesture.

"I know but I didn't know what you would want so I got one of everything. I got to keep my babies and their baby mama happy"

He looks down at my pyjamas and says "Cute" which makes me blush.

His default is definitely to flirt.

"Your babies had me up until late last night with heartburn so the three of us have had a lazy morning" I say while making him a cup of herbal tea, which I know he will want even though I haven't offered.

It worries me how comfortable and domestic we are becoming considering we aren't a couple.

I hand him his tea, and he leans against the counter and says "Are you working today?"

"Yeh, but only around lunchtime. I'm going to head to a prenatal yoga class in a bit. Speaking of which, let me go get changed quickly" I say moving towards my room.

I walk in and throw on some black gym tights and a light green sports vest. I style my hair in a messy bun and put on some trainers. Walking back into the kitchen, I go to pour myself a glass of water, when I catch Harry staring at me.

He quickly looks away and I can see his cheeks have gone red.

"What Harry?" I say looking down at myself, feeling flustered.

I have no idea what he was looking at.

"Um, Ness. Your boobs are huge. I'm so sorry I shouldn't have stared" he mumbles.

"Harry Styles are you embarrassed?" I say, trying not to laugh.

He hides his face in his hands, and then says "Listen I better go, and not only because I can't stop staring at your tits". I laugh and punch him in the arm.

He starts to move towards the door, and then seems to decide to say something and turns back.

He nervously runs his hands through his hair and says "Ness, some friends of mine are going out for drinks tonight at a pub near my place. It's really chilled if you would like to come".