Chapter 27

Harry

"I can't get hold of her. She won't answer any of my calls" I tell Jeff, my manager who is calling from Los Angeles.

"I'm so sorry H. I don't know what to say-no one contacted us for a comment before it went to press. Do you want me to make a statement? but I'm not sure how that would help. I honestly thing you just need to let it go and ride it out" Jeff advises me.

I sigh and agree "I know Jeff. It's just so irritating. I don't care what they write about me, I'm used to it. But Nessa isn't".

"Haz, I'm talking as your friend now, not your manager. You seem to really like her; I think you need to talk to her. Have you tried going to her house?" Jeff asks.

I haven't and I am going to have to, since she hasn't answered any of my calls since she left my house this morning. I agree and tell him Ill check in with him over the next few days.

Jeff is also right; I can't do anything about the press and I have had way worse written about me. But I can totally understand why Nessa is upset, I should have warned her about the extremes the press and paparazzi will go too, to sell a story.

I felt like someone had punched me in the gut when I saw the panicked and confused look on her face as she left this morning. She was already upset about the photos and press and then to be ambushed by photographers when she walked out the gate.

The crazy thing was, before I saw the articles online, I had woken with Nessa in my arms and couldn't believe how beautiful she looked fast asleep and how lucky I was. Last night was an amazing night, she is so smart and funny and quirky. And the way she looked in that tiny dress, with her pale skin and tattoos, made me want to fuck her from the moment she walked into the party. I know I am really falling for her and I just can't stop myself.

But I can't mope around at home all day, I need to see Nessa. I really need to talk to her in person and I just hope she agrees to see me and doesn't just try run away or shut me out again.

I jump in the shower and throw on some ripped jeans and a black hoodie. By the time I walk out of the front door and towards my Range Rover, its already afternoon. I start the car and edge out of my drive-way. There are still a few wayward photographers hanging around but my windows are tinted so they won't manage to get a picture of me.

I arrive outside Nessa's apartment, and of course there are some fucking paparazzi outside. I park the car across the street and as I get out and cross the road, they notice me and start snapping away. Luckily, I have my sunglasses on and just put my head down. As I near the stairs to Nessa's front door, one of the photographers who I recognise, says "She's not here mate, she never came home".

I stop and look at him.

"Yeh, sorry Harry. She isn't here" he repeats. Its decent of him to tell me, so I thank him and turn around and get back into my car.

I sit in the car, where the fuck is, she? Where would she go? If something was wrong, she would probably go to Angus and Letty's. I start the car and decide to try their house next.

I take a few deep breaths and knock on the door.

"Harry Styles. I'm surprised to see you standing on my doorstep" Angus booms as he answers the door.

"Hey Angus. Is Ness here? She wasn't at her apartment and she won't answer any of my calls"

He sizes me up, nods and steps back for me to enter the house.

"She's in the back garden with my kids" Angus adds, and indicates that I should follow him down the passage and into the kitchen.

"Don't tell her I said anything Harry, she is pretty freaked out but really likes you, even if she won't admit it. Just don't hurt her, her ex was a total dipshit who did a real number on her and she hasn't opened her heart to anyone in a long time' Angus warns before pointing me in the direction of the back door