Chapter 5

Nessa

The week is pretty uneventful and on the day of the concert I can't help but feel a little excited. I spend some time getting dressed and settle on some ripped black, high waisted skinny jeans, a transparent vest top tucked in, with a lacy black bra under it, a metallic forest green biker jacket and simple black Chelsea boots. I finish the look off with some dark lipstick and put my hair up in a messy bun.

I meet Letty, Angus, Jude and Ravi downstairs and we decide to get an Uber to the O2 Arena. There are VIP passes waiting and we are shown to a cordoned off area just to the right of the stage. The energy in the venue is electric and we find ourselves getting caught up in the excitement without really knowing what to expect. Jude and Ravi go grab us some beers while the opening act is on, and arrive back just in time as the lights go out, and Harry is announced.

The minute he steps on stage I am mesmerized, as is everyone else in the venue. He isn't what I expected on stage. He is still the same Harry I met a few days ago with the green eyes, unruly curls and a beautiful smile, but now he is all showbiz. He is wearing super stylish black high waisted wide leg trousers with black suspenders and a see-through black shirt with lace detail. His shirt reveals a number of tattoos on this chest and stomach, and he has finished off the outfit with his usual rings, dark nail-polish and heeled patent leather black boots.

Along with Mitch and the rest of his band, he starts to play a mix of songs, some of which I recognize from the radio and I can't help myself from dancing along with the rest of the crowd. He has the most beautiful dark and husky voice and you can see he was born to perform. His fans adore him and between songs he jokes around with them, like it's a stand-up show and they love it.

Too soon the show is finished, and we walk towards the exit, hot, sweaty and a little tipsy from the flat beer at the arena. The afterparty is happening at a private venue in Hoxton, so it's a bit of a drive but at least closer to home. We jump in an Uber and the app says it should take about half an hour. I start to get a little nervous, as it dawns on me that I will be seeing Harry soon, but reason with myself that he probably won't even remember me.

I am jolted from my inner dialogue by Ravi as he says, "Ness, here we go, you look like you could use some of this" and pushes a bottle of vodka towards me.

Where he managed to get it is beyond me, but I grab it and a take a few big sips. Letty catches my eye and raises her eyebrows, but I just shrug my shoulders and smile.

We arrive and walk towards a non-descript entrance with a doorman. He ticks us off the list and we enter into a dark hazy room set up to look like a 1930's speakeasy. I am starting to feel a little drunk but at least I am more relaxed. Angus grabs us some cocktails at the bar and I realize I am enjoying myself.

The DJ starts playing Fleetwood Macs "Go Your Own Way", and I grab Letty's hand and drag her to the dancefloor. It's pretty humid in the club so I rip off my jacket and throw it to my brothers before Letty and myself start to dance wildly due to the many drinks we have downed.

Just as the song ends, I turn around, towards the DJ and spot Harry leaning against the bar, still wearing his onstage outfit, talking to someone, but his eyes are on me and he has a distinct smirk on his face.