Chapter 33

Harry

I woke up this morning, with Nessa on my brain.

Actually, I woke up with Nessa, naked on my brain. 

We haven't spent the night together in a couple of days, and I am yearning for her. I had to excuse myself from Jeff and the rest of my team today and wank off in the bathroom. What the fuck is wrong with me? I am on my way to see her now; I couldn't wait any longer so I am a couple of hours early.

Driving through London, I have some time to think about Jeffs behaviour last night. When we got home, we had a few drinks and chatted about what was worrying him. He is one of my closest friends and really kind, although I think I am going to have to convince Nessa of that fact. Of course, because she is awesome, she handled the whole evening like a queen. I could see he felt so bad about the way he treated her and I can kind of see where he was coming from as I have introduced him and Glen to a parade of men and women before Ness.

But the way I feel about her is different, I can't put it into words but when she walks into a room, it's like everything else dims.

I manage to get a parking right out front of the studio, which is rare in London. I jump out the car and hope no one recognises me, but I have tried to be inconspicuous, and have thrown on my vans, some mustard corduroy flares, a white t-shirt and a striped cardigan. I keep my head down and walk into Black Ink. I am met by "Paint it Black" by the Stones, blaring, mixed in with the buzzing of the tattoo machine.

Letty is on the phone, struggling to hear a customer over the music, with one of the twins on her hip. She looks stressed, gives me a quick kiss hello on my cheek and hands over the baby to me. I think its Levi. I have been spending a lot of time at the studio over the last few weeks and I am starting to see small differences between Levi and his twin Alex.

Carrying the baby, I head through the studio. Ravi is tattooing a client, and Jude is standing next to him chatting.

Jude hugs me hello and says "Harry man, it's so good to see you. I don't think Nessa is finished for a while though"

I hug Jude back and give Ravi a friendly arm squeeze, saying "Hey guys. I was bored at home, decided to come early and see what everyone was up to".

Deep in concentration, Ravi nods in greeting. My gaze wanders over to his client, a tough looking guy in his 50's, who is getting a huge traditional sailor tattoo on his leg. 

He is staring at me, so I move Levi to my other hip and put my hand out "Hi. I'm Harry, nice to meet you. Cool tattoo". 

The tough guy shakes my hand back excitedly and says "Hi, I'm Mike, I thought it was you. My daughters are huge fans, when they were teenagers, their bedroom walls were plastered with your face. Would you mind if I get a signature for them?". I say sure and promise him I'll get it to him before he leaves.

Nessa is towards the rear of the studio, with her back to me, working busily on a client. I am about to make my way to her to say hi, when someone slaps me hard on my back and booms "Styles. Always a pleasure".

I turn around and of course its Angus.

I end up chatting to him and Jude for a while, and when I say I have a couple of hours to kill, they decide we have to go get a drink at a bar down the road. I agree, but I need to go say hi to Nessa first. Levi reaches for his dad and I pass the baby over to Angus.

I walk towards Nessa and lean forward and whisper in her ear "hey baby".

She doesn't react, but I see her lips turn up in a slight smile.