Chapter 2

Nessa

I stare at Harry just a minute too long, before answering "Of course you aren't too late but I am afraid you're stuck with me as my brothers are already three sheets to the wind with your band", he follows my gaze to where I am currently looking, to see Angus and Jude doing a very embarrassing air guitar to Nirvana's "Come As You Are".

He starts to laugh (oh my god those dimples), before turning back to look at me, replying "Great! Mitch says that you are an amazing artist so I sure I am getting the best that the studio has to offer".

I find myself smiling like a love sick teenager because he has complimented me. For fucks sake Nessa-get a grip and be professional.

"So, what are you thinking in terms of a tattoo and where would you like it?" I ask him, before adding that I will just need a few minutes to set up my station again.

I start walking towards the back of the shop and he follows me, stopping to say hi to his band and to meet my brothers and Ravi, who even look a little star struck. He catches up and says he was thinking of getting some lyrics on the lower right side of his stomach.

"Is this your first tattoo? I ask.

I look up from grabbing some small ink bottles and he is removing his hoodie, revealing a tight retro yellow 1970's style t-shirt and an arm full of tattoos.

His eyes catch mine checking him out and he answers "No I have a few" before dazzling me with a smile.

I laugh and say "so I see" before going back to what I am doing. As I grab the tattoo machine, he walks over to the wall and starts looking at the family photos and awards.

I go back to what I am doing before saying "OK let's get started, what lyrics were you thinking?".

Harry replies, "I'd walk though Fire for you" just here, and he lifts up his shirt revealing a large fern tattoo on his taught lower stomach, before pushing his sweatpants down slightly, revealing a pronounced v-line.

"I was thinking just below the ferns if that works", he adds.

I'm pretty sure that my jaw just about hits the floor, but I say OK, try not to act flustered and start sketching it. I show Him what I am thinking text wise and he seems happy with it, so I tell him to lie back on the tattoo bed. He pulls his pants down low again, which I am definitely not complaining about and after disinfecting the area and transferring the design onto his skin, I start.

I find the tattoo machine buzz really comforting as I grew up in the shop, watching my parents work daily. I start to relax and get into the zone. I also think about the lyrics he has chosen and can't help but feel jealous that they are about someone specific-who exactly would he walk through fire for? That is until I can feel his intense gaze on me, I am also suddenly hyper aware of his closeness, the movement of his chest as he breathes in and out and his smell, which is a heady mix of leather and citrus. I look up straight into his eyes, unable to look away.