Chapter 46

Harry

The summer sun is beating down on me, as I doze on the couch in Nessa's apartment, waiting for her to finish work. I have my now well-worn copy of 'What To Expect When Your Expecting' lying open on my chest. 

My eyes are closed, but I hear the front door open, and Ness walk in.

"Hey. You're here early" she says gently.

With my eyes still closed I answer "I finished at the studio early, hope you don't mind I used my key to let myself in". 

Nessa gave me a key a couple of weeks ago because I'm spending so much time here helping out and visiting.

"That's why I gave it to you" she says simply.

I open my eyes and for the first time today get a glimpse of Nessa, and she looks so fucking beautiful I can't help but take a small intake of breath. 

She is wearing short denim cut-offs embroidered with tiny daisy's, a pair of worn Vans, a thin loose fitting white t-shirt and her hair is up in a simple pony. She is at 20 weeks and over the last month, although she is still tiny, her stomach has grown a fair bit and she is noticeably pregnant. I have always thought she was breath-taking but pregnancy, specially her second trimester, suits her.

I sit up on the couch and watch her. 

"How are you feeling today?" I ask as she grabs an apple and bites into it.

She looks over at me, smiling, her cheeks flushed, probably from the hot weather. 

"I'm good. No nausea, finally! But my legs are cramping a bit today" she says, coming to sit next to me on the couch.

I pat my lap and say "Ill rub them".

She awkwardly manoeuvres her legs onto my lap and I pull her shoes off, tossing them onto the floor and starting to rub her calves and thighs. Immediately I can see her start to relax.

"God H! That is amazing" she sighs.

As I sit and rub her legs, she asks "How's the album going?"

I'm working on a live album and documentary of our last two tours, so have been spending some time in the studio on production "It's going really well at the moment. I need to chat to Jeff about release dates and logistics".

"When are you thinking?" She asks.

"I'm not sure yet but it won't be until after the babies are born" I offer "I can't leave you three anytime soon".

She smiles, looking relieved, which makes me happy because I think it means she likes having me around.

"Oh! Before I forget, my sister Gem called earlier and is wondering if you have space for an appointment, she really wants you to do a tattoo for her?" I say.

"Of course, I'll make space for your sister. Tell her to message me and we can set something up" Nessa smiles "So read anything interesting" she asks, pointing to the book.

"Of course," I answer.

"Like what Harry?" she teases, I have been driving her mad with pregnancy facts.

"Well did you know our babies are about the size of a sweet potato at twenty weeks? I offer.

"You don't say Harry. Interesting. What else?" she teases.

"Um, well at 20 weeks a baby starts to suck their thumb" I say, really proud of that one.

She smiles brightly "I love that. Our babies are sucking their thumbs".