Chapter 48

Nessa

Its hot....no, not just hot, its scorching hot. Try being twenty-four weeks pregnant with twins during an August heatwave in London.

I drag my feet out of an afternoon Pilates class, feeling less energised than I should. Letty is bouncing along happily in front of me.

"Letty! Wait up" I whine dramatically behind her.

Letty turns around and rolls her eyes, but stops and waits for me to catch up-she has given birth to twins so knows exactly what I am experiencing.

Despite my complaining I am actually feeling healthy and although my tummy is growing, I am still relatively small and mobile. That said, the warm weather has definitely made the last few days more difficult. At least my casual exercise outfit of black tights and a loose-fitting white vest is comfortable.

As I catch up with Letty, she hooks her arm into mine and we walk down the busy London streets. We have decided to hit a few shops after our class and start getting some basics together for the babies.

The last couple of weeks have been great-I have been really busy with clients and when I am not working, I have been spending more and more time with Harry.

We go for walks, we cook, we talk for hours but neither of us have made another move. I think we are too afraid to rock the boat and change the equilibrium we have worked so hard to create since we found out about the pregnancy.

But I know the more time I spend with him, the more I fall for him and the closer I am to forgiving him. He is kind and makes me laugh, all the time. And he is so kind and attentive.

And, he is hot, and I mean, I cannot stop watching and desiring him hot.

Pregnancy, has had a huge impact on my life, and it seems at the moment I am really horny, a word I hate but seems so apt right now. I'm not sure whether Harry has noticed, but I keep on zoning out while watching his plump lips, or his strong hands. He may or may not think I am crazy.

As I walk down the street, fantasizing about Harry, again, I am woken from the reverie by my phone ringing, and of course it's the object of my lust.

"Hey Harry" I answer breathlessly. God this is getting out of control.

"Hey Ness. How was Pilates? How are my girls?" he asks in his slow, low voice, dripping with sex, or at least it is to me.

"Pilates was good. Your girls are great although the heat is killing us. We are just going to hit a few stores with Letty to start picking up a few basics for the babies" I say.

"Ness. I have told you to take my card for that sort of thing love" he argues.

I roll my eyes out of habit.

"And don't you roll your eyes at me" Harry suddenly says, which makes me laugh, because he knows me to well.

"Listen Ness. I wanted to take you somewhere fun tonight, get your mind off the heat. It's a secret though, just be ready by nine o clock"

"Okay, but um, what should I wear Harry? I don't know what we are doing" I ask, trying to figure out where we are going. Surprises make me nervous.

"Wear whatever you would like-it's not fancy. Oh shit, I better go, Jeff is calling from LA" he says and rings off.

Oh great! Another opportunity to stare and lust after Harry.

As I get off the phone huffing, Letty looks at me and asks "Whats up baby girl?"