Chapter 36

Nessa

I wake up feeling better on Monday morning.

It isn't that I'm not nervous about talking to Harry because I am. But at least I know what I am going to say now. I'm going to tell him I love him. I have known for a while how I feel but I have been too scared to acknowledge it, even to myself. His confession has forced me to take a leap of faith and tell him.

I'm completely terrified but I'm also excited. I'm not sure when Harry's plane gets in, but I think he said early afternoon.

I grab a cup of coffee and after a hot shower, I throw on some high waisted ripped jeans, a loose fitting off the shoulder black Jumper and some brightly coloured Puma trainers. I leave my hair free and slip on my thick framed glasses. I have a client in about an hour so will head down to the studio soon.

I finish my coffee and I am just rinsing the cup in the sink, when I hear a knock on the door. I open it and I am met by Jude and Angus.

"Big brother! Baby Brother!" I exclaim happily and stand back, ushering them in.

'What are you guys doing here? I was about to come down to the studio" I say and I look at them properly for the first time. Angus is holding a Newspaper and they both look worried.

I suddenly panic and say "Oh my god! Is Letty okay? Is it the twins? Fuck is it Ravi?"

"No! No Ness. They are all fine" Jude interjects.

I sigh and say "Thank god, you scared me".

Angus gives me a tight smile, and I notice he squares his shoulders "Um Nessie ah! Shit, um we do have something to tell you. Is not good" he says and unfolds the newspaper and puts it down on the kitchen counter.

I walk over and take a look, it's a shitty tabloid style paper and I am confused as to why Angus would ever buy this specific publication, when I notice the front-page headline is about Harry. But it's the pictures that shatter my world. There are a fair number plastered on the front page, showing Harry at a party in Milan but it's the largest picture that causes my heart to break into a million pieces. Harry is lying on the ground, with a woman leaning over him and they are clearly kissing.

I skim through the text and it mentions he was at a Gucci party yesterday and that the girl is a model. And then just to twist the knife in a little more, they mention me as his poor girlfriend left back home while he travels Europe, cheating on me.

But it can't be true. This isn't Harry, he is kind and loving and looks after me. Plus, he told me he is falling in love with me.

My heart is beating fast and I am struggling to catch my breath. I grab a glass from next to the sink and pour some water, just staring at nothing while I take a sip. My hands are shaking.

Did he fuck her?

Is this because I pushed him away and didn't say I love him?

Is it my fault?

My brothers are, for once in their lives, silent and watching me. I glance over at them and they are looking at me with concern and fear.

Jude walks towards me and ask "Babe, are you okay?" which shocks me out of my contemplation.

I shake my head trying to wake myself up "Um, yeh. I am fine. Its fine" I say but even I can hear the wobble in my voice.

I still can't believe it; he wouldn't do this. But the evidence is right in front of me.

At that moment, my phone rings. The caller ID says its Harry. I look in panic to my brothers and just let it ring off. Its stops and I sigh in relief, when it starts ringing again, and again. It continues to ring so I reach over and switch it off.