Chapter 32

Nessa

The last few weeks, Harry and I have fallen into a cosy routine

The last few weeks, Harry and I have fallen into a cosy routine. We see each other three or four times a week, either we go on dates to low key spots or stay in and try new recipes out or just order in. We try to alternate staying at each other's places, but he prefers staying at mine. He loves stopping in at the studio downstairs first to hang with my brothers, and although he hasn't said as much, I think he likes the cosiness and normality that my apartment, and life brings. We have tried to keep our relationship lowkey and so far, the press has left us alone.

I'm surprised at how much I enjoy spending time with him. He is so funny and smart, and oh my god, the sex is beyond amazing. I crave him when I don't see him for a few days. I worry that this is too fast and too soon which freaks me out, because as much as I am trying to deny it, when I see Harry, I feel a flutter in my chest.

Harry's manager and one of his closest friends Jeff is visiting from LA, and Harry has invited me for drinks to meet him. I think it's really important to Harry that Jeff and I like each other; so, no pressure at all!

I agree to meet them at a pub near Harry's house called The Princess of Wales, I haven't been there before, but as I step out of the taxi, its everything a quintessential British pub should be. A three-story Edwardian brick building, with large windows framed by boxes of bright yellow flowers, even in winter.

I'm feeling a little nervous, as I push a wayward strand of hair behind my ear, and push my glasses up the bridge of my nose. I have dressed casually in a nautical jumper, skinny jeans, an army style parka and brogues.

I push the door open, and step into the warmth. It's a cosy little spot, with wooden tables and dimmed lighting. There is a soft hum of patrons talking and chatting, as I look around for Harry. He spots me first and jumps up, walking towards me. He is casual and wearing corduroy flares, a striped t-shirt and green jacket. When I see his electric smile and dimple, my heart skips a beat.

He gives me a brief kiss and grasps my hand tightly, pulling me towards Jeff excitedly.

"Ness, I would like you to meet Jeff, Jeff this is Nessa" he says

I hold my hand out and Jeff takes it, grasping it tightly.

"Nessa it is so great to finally meet you. Harold has been talking about you non-stop" he greets me in his heavy American accent.

Jeff is in his early thirties with wavy brown hair and a handsome face.

"It's lovely to meet you Jeff" I say a little apprehensively. I really need to breathe.

Harry interjects "What would you like to drink babe? Jeff and I are having a bottle of red, does that work?".

"I'm happy with whatever, but maybe a glass of water as well, tap is cool" I reply, and he walks off to the bar to order.