Chapter 51

Nessa

"Steve! I have been thinking, what if we built in some sort of seating area?" I hear Harry excitedly suggest.

He is in the nursery with the contractor Steve and his team. He is so passionate about planning the nursery that I agreed it could be his project, my only stipulation was I wanted some bright colors and to keep it relatively gender neutral, even though we know we are having girls.

I have just got back from a Pilates class, and he doesn't know I am home yet. Sweating and tired, I stand outside the nursery, eavesdropping.

"I love the idea Harry! Have you thought any more about extending the room? We could just push this window out and maybe add some sort of patio" Steve suggests enthusiastically.

I can't but help roll my eyes. He and Harry and both equally over the top and egging each other on.

I push the door to the nursery open and lean against the door frame, six worried faces turn to look at me. I recognize Steve as well as the painter Bob, the carpenter Luke and a couple of other new faces. This has been a dance we have been doing the last few days, they suggest huge, over the top ideas and I try to keep things simple.

"Hi boys" I say.

They all look guilty, particularly Harry.

I look at him, and I can't help but get a flutter in my chest. He looks so hot, even barefoot, wearing some loose grey shorts, hanging low on his hips, a vintage Rolling Stones shirt and his curls pushed back with a small clip.

They mumble, greeting me back without looking in my eyes, except for Harry who strides over and says excitedly "Hey baby. How was your class?". I lift my face up and he gives me a quick kiss.

"Great, although I'm a little worried about what's happening in here. Steve did I just here you suggest extending the room and adding a patio" I say.

Harry smiles guiltily "But babe, just look at his mock up. It could be so cool"

Steve and his team suddenly get very busy, measuring and talking samples, obviously giving me and Harry space.

I can't help laughing on the inside, Harry's excitement is so sweet.

I turn around, walking across to our room, with Harry following, I am sure planning to argue his case. He walks in behind me, closing the door.

I walk into wardrobe, grabbing some underwear and a summer dress, before I move to the bathroom where I turn on the shower.

I am just under 32 weeks now, and feeling great.

I tell myself that the pregnancy gods are looking down kindly on me at this stage of my pregnancy, because the beginning was so tough. I have loads of energy and all my scans have gone really well. I am also so happy with Harry that I feel like I am walking on a cloud at the moment.

I moved in a few weeks ago and decided to start my maternity leave then. Although I am already living here, we hadn't actually moved me in properly, so Anne will be coming down tomorrow to stay for a few days, and her and my family will be helping to pack up some of my clothes and furniture and move me in here permanently.

Of course, I'm nervous to officially move in and leave my own apartment behind, but I love Harry, his house is more secure and spacious and I want to be with him when I bring the babies home.

As I wait for the shower to heat up, I start to get undressed, Harry walks into the bathroom and takes a seat on the edge of the bath, watching me.