Chapter 8

I lay on Marlenas bed reading a new book while Marlena tries on different pairs of shoes for tonight.

"Which pair should I wear?" She asks holding up two different pairs.

"Go with the black ones, it'll look nice with the purple." I say looking up.

She nods and puts them next to her dress. "Okay, lets go to dinner." She says, pulling me off her bed.

We walk down the stairs and into the great hall. I pull Marlena along as she spins around talking about the ball and how excited she is.

"Sit." I scowl pointing at the chair, causing her to laugh.

I pile eggs onto her plate for her to eat and pass her a fork. I make myself my own breakfast and continuously check to make sure Marlenas eating. 

"Okay, are you done? We only have 8 hours to get ready!" Marlena asks looking over to me.

"Calm down, we have plenty of time, but yes, I am done." I smile standing up.

"How should I wear my hair tonight? Should I curl or do a swan braid what do you think?" She asks as we walk down the hall.

"Swan braid into bun, defenitly," I say, knocking on the knocker.

"Okay yeah good idea," She says.

"Wait, what was the riddle?" I suddenly ask, panicked.

"Oh no I didn't hear it, we can't knock again!" She says starting to become panicked.

"We have to wait," I sigh, sitting on the floor.

She sits down next to me and we wait. After about 5 minutes Marlena starts to complain about not having enough time to get ready. After about 30 minutes we both start to question where everyone is. Finally after an hour Nikki walks up to the common room.

"How long have you guys been sitting there?" Nikki laughs.

"An hour!" I sneer, "Now that us in!"

Nikki laughs and answers the riddle and lets us in. We both run in and go strait to her dorm.

"Okay, now we might be in a bit of a rush." I say zipping up her dress and turning around for her to zip up mine.

"I forgot my shoes and the gel pads!" I say panicked.

"Go, go!" She rushes, pushing me out of her dorm.

I sprint down the stairs and try the handle to my room. It won't budge. It's locked. I look for my wand and realize I don't have it. I'll have to do it the muggle way.

I pull a hair pin out of my hair and slip it into the key whole. I adjust the pin inside the key hole until I hear the satisfying click of it coming unlocked.

I step inside and waiting inside my room for me is Potter, Granger, and Weasley ripping up my room.

"What are you guys going in here!" I shout.

"I know you have the letter!" Weasley shouts back.

"How did you guys get into the Ravenclaw common room?" I sneer back.

"Hermione got the riddle correct." Potter scowls.

I step backwards across the hall, keeping an eye on them the whole time and knock on the first years door to the first years dorm.

As soon they open the door I grab their arm and push them into my dorm. "Let then out and I will make your life hell!" I threaten the first year.

She quickly nods in response and I run down into the common room and through the halls. I get into the dungeons and I bump into Draco.