Chapter 13

I banged on Marlenas door over and over. It was early Thursday morning and was 5 days since the match. My bruise was getting worse and my skin was turning black in some places.

"Oh Merlin London! It's three in the morning what do you need?" She asks exhausted, leaning on the door frame.

"My skin! My skin is turning black in some places!" I exclaim walking into her dorm, revealing my arm.

"London, honey, look it's frost bite. You will be okay, trust me." She says crawling into her bed.

I pout and walk out and back into my dorm. I have tried plenty of charms but none of them get rid of it.

I ended up falling asleep and waking up the next morning, trying to avoid the thought of my painful skin.

Marlena, Nikki, and I all walked down to the dungeons for double potions with the Gryffindors. Two hours of sitting with the 'golden trio' who was still trying to make me trust them.

Little do they know.

I smirk at Marlena, knowing she sent Granger a letter expressing how she 'actually' feels about me. We both know that is was a lie, based off the fact that we spent an hour trying to come up with it. But she doesn't.

We walk in and I plop myself down into my chair. Scowling at Potter as soon as he looks at me.

"Hey London," Granger starts before I cut her off.

"What did you call me?" I snap, sitting up in my chair.

"Malfoy. I said Malfoy. I just wanted to ask about your friendship with Marlena." She says softly.

"It's going great thank you! What goes on in my personal life is none of your business." I sneer at her turning to face Potter. "Same place same time tonight. Bring your text book this time." I scowl, copying down the notes on the bored.

After the lesson I get out of my chair as fast as possible and walk over to Marlena. We walk out of our class and towards the common room. We get to the knocker and knock on it twice.

"What comes first, the Phoenix or the flame?" It asks slowly.

"A circle has no beginning," I scowl, causing the door to fly open.

We run up to my dorm and we throw our stuff down.

"What happened? What did she say?" Marlena asks, unable to contain her excitement.

"She asked me how our friendship is so I got all snappy and defensive. We should write her a letter that's like the 'truth' I guess and we could lie about me being marked when I was born." I smirk.

"Yes! Okay let's do it and seal it up all nicely."
She says jumping up.

I nod and I walk towards my desk. I pull out a quill and emerald green ink. I grab nice parchment and start to write.

Dear Hermione Granger,
I lied to you today in potions, Marlena hates me. I believe I can trust you so I will tell you. I made the biggest mistake in telling her that Voldemort marked me with a dark mark when I was a baby. In these years I have used muggle products to keep it covered up. That was part of the reason Weasley spilling the acid on me was such a big deal, I was afraid it would cause the muggle products to burn. If you would come to the next tutoring session that would be great.
L. Malfoy.

"Here read it. I think I lied about all of it," I giggle handing her the letter.

She reads it through and smirks. "It's perfect," she says, putting it in the envelope.