Chapter 24

"Sat- I mean London, have you seen the prophet?" Marlena asks as she walks into our room.

I shook my head and took it from her hands. The top headline being Lucius Malfoy in Azkaban. As soon as I read I feel my legs buckle beneath me and I collapse to the ground.

I sob into Marlenas shirt as she holds me close, whispering comforting things into my ear. I miss him already.

~~~~~~~~~~

My mother's owl drops a purple envelope onto the table in front of me, owls don't normally come at lunch so I get a few odd looks. I slowly open it and I pull out the starch write parchment and start to read my mother's elegant handwriting.

Dear London.
I know it will be hard but we are going to have a ball. We need to show the wizarding world that we are okay after your father was put in Azkaban. Marlena will be spending the summer with us again I'll see you two tomorrow.

Your mother.

I stand up, pulling Marlena with me and we start to walk towards the Ravenclaw tower. As I walk past the courtyard I feel someone's hand touch my shoulder and I turn around to see Potter and his friends.

"Merlin Potter what do you want," I snap, whipping the tears that were starting to form away.

"Malfoy are you crying?" Granger asks, almost concerned.

"Of course not!" I snap at her. "What do you want."

"Where's your brother?" He asks.

I pause for a moment, trying to think of where I last saw him. "Why do you care anyways?" I snap, trying to keep the secret.

"They know that I'm dating him, where is he?" He asks getting annoyed.

"I don't know Potter, try his dorm. Now if you mind I am actually pissed at you for getting my father sent to Azkaban so leave me alone!" I snap before walking away and back to my dorm.

I lay down onto my bed and stare up at the ceiling. A few hot tears drip down my face but I leave them. My chest feels empty and hollow and I feel like actual rubbish.

Why did this have to happen to me?

——————

Marlena, Draco, and I step off the train and start to walk to we're my mother stood in a simple black dress. We apparated back to the manor and she pulled me into my fathers study.

"Your father left you a birthday present in the dungeon, he would want you to have it for the party," She explains.

I nod and walk out of the room and towards the dungeons. I light a few of the torches and I turn the corner past a few cells. I see a long dark green ball gown on a mannequin. I ran my fingers along the plunging v-neck of the dress and run the fine silk between my fingers.

I levitate up to my room and place it in my closet. I hear the shower running so I assume that Marlena is in the shower.

As soon as she gets out she see's the dress and she gasps. "It's beautiful," She stutters as she feels the silk.

"I'm wearing it tomorrow night. The gala is just so sudden I'm not sure what I'm even supposed to say," I murmur to the floor.

Marlena walks over and places a hand on my shoulder. "We will do this together." She whispers with a smile.

"together." I nod in agreement.

A/n
This chapter is kinda crappy sorry about that. I'm going through a big move right now and I'm struggling to find time to write. I can't believe my reads are going up so quickly thank you so much! I love all of you guys and I hope you have an amazing day!