Chapter 1

Once upon a time, two princesses were born in the Kingdom of Luville. A princess made from love and a princess made from mistake.

Just before dawn, over my window, the sky was painted of pinks and yellows. Another morning came. Soon sunlight enters and fills the room giving me warmth.

I released a sigh. Another day.

After falling asleep I woke up in an unfamiliar room. It took me quite a while to accept what I have become. A baby. A mortal child to be exact.

I was once a Holy Maiden under the Goddess of Light. And I had a feeling that she was behind this. Cianna was a peculiar goddess. She always was away leaving her job to us holy maidens for years. And when she comes back she would speak about her adventures on another world called Earth.

Is this a mission?

I raised my hand so I could see these small chubby fingers of mine. I no longer have magic.

Haisley entered the room after knocking and greeted me, "Good morning, princess." She then carried me out of my crib and placed me to the high chair.

At first, I thought that Haisley was the mother of the child I was using. From the gossiping maids, the mother died after giving birth. Among all the servants Haisley was the only one who smiles genuinely at me, all of them looked at me with pity.

"Princess, do you know what day is today?" Haisley asked as she feeds me.

I stared at her and tilted my head.

"Today is your 3rd birthday," she said smiling.

I looked outside the window. I've been here for three years. Another day. Another birthday.

"Princess?" I looked at Haisley. "Do you want to go outside?"

My eyes slightly widened. "Outside?"

Haisley looked a bit surprised at my reaction. I don't blame her, I seldom speak or cry. I only sleep, think, eat, think, stare outside, think, work my muscles by playing, think and sleep.

Now that I think of it, I never went outside this room.

"Yes, your highness. Let's visit the garden after you eat."

And so we did. Haisley carried me out of the room and out of the palace.

The garden looked like a garden, nothing special but it's something for me to appreciate. It wasn't highly maintained but it's clean. The vibrant green color of leaves filled my eyes.

Haisley lowers me to the ground until the grass was beneath my shoes. It would be great if I could feel the grass with my bare feet.

A maid called Haisley asking for her help. "Stay here, princess. I'll come back."

I nodded at her and started to walk towards the rose bush. Most of the roses haven't bloomed yet.

Looking at the blue sky, I asked myself. What am I going to do? I don't know why I'm here nor no clue on how I can go back.

Somewhere from afar, I heard the gong of the bell. There must be a nearby church.

Haisley was taking so long that I decided to explore the garden. It's pretty small but since I was in the body of a child it took quite a lot for me to look around.

From then on, the garden was my usual spot.