Chapter 29

It started snowing again. I looked up and watch the snow falling from the cloudy sky.

"When are you going to move?" Aiden asked.

My body stiffened at the question. The thought of living with two lions under one roof made my heart shake in fear.

As long I was on the good side of the crown prince there won't be any problem, but there's a high possibility of running to the king that will lead me to immediate death.

I didn't want to know how Aiden will respond if I told him that I don't want to move.

Death or death.

There are no other choices but to choose death, then.

"Soon," I said to the sky as a thin smoke escape from my mouth.

"How soon?" He asked persistently. "Since you didn't keep your promised, I personally asked father to let you transfer to Emerald Palace."

Eh? Did I make such a promise? I asked myself as I rack my brain trying to remember.

". . ."

"Sister. You better make sure that you'll live in the Emerald Palace before my birthday or else," Aiden said staring at me with a serious face before turning around and mumbled words I couldn't hear.

Or else. . ? What?!

My hand immediately went to my neck.

Or else I'll put my swordsmanship in good use!

My imagination might be over the top but I had a feeling that was close enough as it could get.

"If it isn't the royal siblings," Lucas said coming from the northern side of the estate. "Hmm? You're so pale, princess. Did someone threaten you again?"

"Threaten?!" Aiden turned sharply and looked at me with a mix of anger and worry. "Wait. . . It happened not only once?! Who in the right mind would do that to you? To a princess!"

He doesn't have a clue that he and his father were the ones holding my life.

"Well, I might be wrong, Prince Aiden. With her pale complexion, the princess must be just cold. How long you've been out here?" Lucas said with a smile.

Aiden held my cold hands with his warm ones. "You really are cold. But, Lucas, you said again."

"Did I? You must have heard it wrong."

"I sure did hear you said again." Aiden looked at Lucas suspiciously. "You're—"

"Sir Lucas is right, brother," I quickly said interrupting him. Squeezing his hands slightly I asked, "Why is it your hands not cold?"

Aiden stared at our hands and his suspicion cleared away.

"I learn body enhancement when I was in training camp."

"It's like magic?"

"It is magic, princess. Why don't we get out of here first before you get sick?" Lucas suggested.

And so we did, with me holding Aiden's warm hand.