Chapter 7

People in the slum loves the second princess even though they didn't know of her father.

"Majesty, don't scare her. She can't speak if you're making that face," the man who had gentle smile spoke.

After a moment the king stopped glaring but his face held coldness. "Speak," he ordered.

"Maybe the rumors are true, the princess doesn't speak much," the red headed knight spoke behind me.

"Perhaps she's incompetent," the king said looking at me with a spark of curiosity in his eyes at the same time looking down on me.

I ignored his insult.

When the feeling of drowning from fear was gone my attention was no longer from the king but behind him. Over the window, the sun finally shines above the clear blue sky. It finally stopped raining.

"It's a wonderful day not to die," I answered still staring at world painted in vivid by the ray of the sun's light.

"Take her away," the king said and went back to reading his book.

The knight did so and carried me out of his majesty's sight but before he could climb down I told him that I'll go back alone.

Without questioning, the knight put me down and without looking back I climbed down the stairs. I was afraid that if Haisley saw me with a knight she might not make me go out again.

Haisley's face washed in relief after finding me at the bottom of the stairs. "You gave me a heart attack, princess. Next time I'm not going to take my eyes off you."

According to Haisley the second floor was exclusively for important people that I shouldn't be there.

"Did someone see you princess?" She asked as she carries me. After the unexpected interaction with the king all of my energy were depleted.

"Yeah." Haisley's face went pallid. "I met some old men."

"Old men?"

I swear I heard a laughter when the door of the library shut behind us.

Warm light kissed my skin. It was really a beautiful day and I was happy that I somehow stepped out alive.

"You're happy, princess," Haisley said looking at me with joyful wide smile. I looked at her questioningly. How does she know? I wasn't even smiling. "Your eyes say so. They shine beautifully."

When dinner ended I quickly went back to my drawing and after, I would redraw it until I was satisfied with the colors.

"Is that the old man?" Haisley asked.

While coloring the eyes with yellow I nodded then wrote the king's name at the bottom left.

Edmund

The king and the window with sunny weather.

"Edmund. . ? Princess! The old man you're talking about is King Edmund?!"

I gave the paper to Haisley while yawning. "Goodnight."

"W-wait princess. His majesty, King Edmund?" She said staring at the paper.