Chapter 21

The princess at the cold palace stare at the brightest star and asked, "What is a family?"

Someone barged in my room first thing in the morning. The sun hasn't risen yet. Startled, I woke up from my dream and looked around expecting to find some wild animal.

"Bro-brother?" I said hoarsely in surprise.

I didn't expect that Aiden would come barging in after arriving from his travel since it's a secret that we know each other.

I guess it's not a secret anymore.

Aiden then came running towards the bed and jumped over me, hugging me tightly.

"Pr-prince," a young man called as he enters the room with Haisley in tow. He must be Aiden's attendant.

Both Haisley and the attendant had a bewildered look when they saw his crown prince embracing the abandoned princess.

I gave them—I'll handle this—look. Haisley who quickly understood took the attendant with her out of the room.

"Elaine," Aiden said. "I'm home."

A soft smile spread on my face. "Welcome back, brother," I said closing my eyes as I hug him back.

After I fell back to deep sleep the event this morning became a dream. A dream where the golden prince was calling my name.

Dry snow began falling thickly outside my window. A snowstorm. The clouds were as dark and full with the howling of the wind.

Blinking my sleepy eyes I asked no one, "Is it still morning?" It's hard to determine when I couldn't find the sun in this harsh weather.

When I was about to get out of the bed I noticed a box on the other side of my pillow.

With a questioning look as to who place it here, I opened the lid. A dozen of gold-colored ribbons with different style was rolled inside the box. The color of his eyes and hair.

"So it wasn't a dream," I mumbled to myself as my fingers glazed gingerly at the ribbons.

They're all beautiful.

"Welcome home brother," I said smiling as I remembered Aiden's warm hug earlier this morning.

So this is how it feels to have someone, to have a family. Something you want to treasure whether it's an object or intangible things or the person itself.

A family, huh.

I wouldn't experience this if I didn't got entangle here and became a mortal. For the first time, I gave thanks to the Goddess of Light who placed me here.

This wasn't so bad after all.