Chapter 83

"It's shocking right?" The man in the white coat laughed dryly. He gingerly took my arm, apologizing for touching me. "When I found out what I have done I was ready to turn myself in but she stopped me and lock me here for years that I already lost count. I was prepared to die after knowing the queen died because of the poison I made but I couldn't come to kill myself with my own hands. And now I continue to kill and torture people with the drugs I created. I'm so pathetic."

"I. . . I'm sorry for making you listen to my story. After the drug enters your body you'll experience slight nausea and vomiting. This drug that boosts magic isn't perfectly finish nor near finish that's why there are side effects," he continued as he stabs the needle to my exposed vein on my arm. "The faster we proceed the quicker I can extract some of your magic."

"11 years," I said quietly frowning at the green liquid that was being injected into my body. "It has been 11 years since the queen died."

And here we all are, thinking that the queen died because of child birth. I even doubt that Edmund knew about this. Who is this she that poisoned the queen? Was it Azalea? Or Rose, Magnolia's mother.

"I see. Thank you for telling me. She must be the same age as you, miss. The princess that is," he said with a small sad smile on his lips as he pulls the empty syringe.

The drug had quickly taken effect. I felt a little bit squeamish while my body starts to heat up feeling the magic inside me quivered but then it's gone like a snap of a finger. My magic canceled the effect erasing the traces of foreign object inside my body.

"You really do have quite rare magic," the man said thoughtfully after witnessing that the drug didn't do anything to me. "It activates on its own whether you like it or not, right?"

I nodded in answer.

"I don't know whether your magic is a blessing or a curse to you, miss. But as of now, it's may as well be a curse, now that you're being held captive here. They will love to hold the magic you have and they will not let me stop until they make your magic as theirs—. . . Miss? Are you alright? What are you feeling?"

I stared at the man with a bewildered look before a short laugh came out from my mouth. "For someone who just injected me with the drug to worry about my health. . . you sure are a stupidly kind person."

The man flustered apologizing with a shy smile.

"Say, the person who's making you do this is the one who took me here, am I right?" I continued looking at him with seriousness.

"No. . . Well. Not quite. But he's the boss here. The one who put me here is his very old client. She pretty much holds my life," he answered uncomfortably. I could tell that he wanted out, he wanted death to sweep off of his feet. "But she's already dead and her daughter, however, never bat an eye towards me aside from asking drugs like Blue Arum and just recently she requested for a Fritarri drug which can manipulate into someone's binding."

Something just clicked inside my head. I frowned deducting the possibilities that this daughter he was pertaining to was someone I know of.

"The daughter, what's her name?" I asked.

"She had changed her noble title now, a viscountess. I think she's called Farrell," the man said unsure trying to remember the name.

My short legs swing at the edge of the bed as I hum, thinking.

What's with this complicated relationship the late queen have? Don't tell me that there's a long list of relatives that resent the queen for some reason.

I don't have any knowledge about Azalea's mother but I only know her as the half-sister of the queen's mother.

"What about Blue Arum? What does it do?"

He was hesitant at first but I stared at him blankly until he finally answered. "It makes someone boost their sexual desire to the point that they couldn't control themselves. Like a beast in a mating season. But if I remember correctly she failed a long time ago."

Everything's making sense now.

Magnolia, a child born from a mistake. . .

The door opened and the man who abducted me entered followed by a woman whom I wasn't surprised to see.

I couldn't help but smile as my blue-green eyes met her pink ones for a brief second before looking around with disgusted expression.

Who would have thought you're a desperate slut, Azalea. I almost spoke it out loud.

Since I was in disguise and was quite dark in this room she didn't realize who I was and just ignored my existence.

"Are you done with her? Where's the product?" The boss demanded.

"There's none. Her magic nullifies the drug that I cannot proceed on extracting some of her magic," the doctor answered stiffly and in curt. "It's better to let her go—"

"Oh no we won't, doctor. The moment I see her body healing on its own I knew that men will throw their money just to have her magic. It's not powerful but it's close to being invincible. Now, do it again but triple the dosage."

"What?! No! I refuse to triple the dosage. She's just a kid, she doesn't have to experience that kind amount of pain. She will die!"

It was not she might die, but she will die.