Chapter 20

The necklace complements and offers comfortable fit without compromising in any style of dress I wear, with its white gold chain and lotus shape design. This small blue gemstone that will protect me someday.

I never once took off the necklace since I was too afraid that I might die at any moment. You never know what the future holds especially when my destiny was death at the age of 18.

After I wrote a thank you letter to Lucas, the Captain of the Imperial Guard swings by the Silver Palace once or twice a month, only to report me about his majesty doings. Since he came all the way here it was rude to not welcome the captain and the fact that I received a protective stone, I felt obligated to offer him tea and my time.

Months had passed and before I know it it was already winter season.

One thing I liked about Lucas was every time he visits he always brought chocolates from Kook Store after knowing that I love their chocolate.

"Princess, please listen to this poor subject," Lucas started as we leisurely drink our tea and hot chocolate at the sunroom. "There's this woman had caught my eyes this morning while buying your chocolates. After I approached her she slapped me telling me to never appear in front her and walked out. Is there something wrong with my face?"

My eyes gazed at Lucas who sat across from me. Without a doubt, he was the second most handsome man I saw after the king. With his striking red hair and forest green eyes, strong arms, bold thighs and firm chest.

He could have had almost everyone.

"How did you approach her?" I asked trying not to sound uninterested and pop some chocolate in my mouth.

"By flirting," he said like it should be obvious.

I was coughing from being choked and immediately drank the already warm chocolate drink.

It's not your face was wrong but your flirtatious act towards the woman. But it's not also wrong. . .most of the women will probably fall for him especially with his appearance.

"Are you okay, princess?"

I nodded and gestured him to continue.

"It's not like her husband was outstanding or marvelous like his majesty that she turned me down. Perhaps she should go to the doctor and examine her eyes."

Unbelievable. This guy. . . He has the worst luck with women because he kept on falling for the wrong person. He had never been in a relationship because everything failed the very moment he laid his eyes upon them.

A woman who has an illness and died the next day. A woman who was a criminal and was executed after being caught. Now a woman who was married.

Thank the moon, the latest woman was faithful enough to not commit infidelity.

"Perhaps. . ." You should be the one who's eyes need to be examined. I internally sighed.

"Right, princess. I knew it, you understand me very well!"

"No, not really," I said dryly. I don't really understand why you're attracted to women with complicated backgrounds.

"There's nothing to be shy about," Lucas laughed. "By the way princess. The crown prince will about to arrive tomorrow. His training camp ended sooner than we expected. Do you know you have an older brother?"

"I am aware." I tried not to smile excitedly at the news as I hide my subtle smile behind the mug.

Aiden's coming back.